For 1 that carrys a pistol while hunting?

In my personal opinion from growing up around guys that have hunted in bear country their whole lives and can attest to what is most important in an unfortunate circumstance of an attack, the most important thing to remember in such a situation is getting as many shots on target in the quickest amount of time. Yes the larger 44mags will certainly have more immediate stopping power however having 10 additional rounds at my resource gives me significantly more confidence in what i carry. More shots on target, and quick draw capability equals a better yet not certain chances for survival in an attack.

Holster of choice is a Kenai chest holster: https://gunfightersinc.com/kenai-chest-holster/

I've found training with a bear gun to give me more confidence in hitting my target than more billets but YMMV.

Anyone wondering how well the Underwood 220 hardcast performs on real life large game flesh, I can verify its adequacy. I shot a nearly 500 lb Boar Pig facing me at 37 yards and the bullet entered the brisket and exited the rear ham next to the boars turd cutter. Never recovered the bullet but the boar dropped on impact. The 10mm is no joke using the hardcast bullets pushed fast. I have a 6" barrel and muzzle velocity is around 1320 fps. I also have Taran tactical 5+ mag extensions on my mags. 20+1 is massive firepower. This is my carry pistol in bear country and woods carry in any territory.

Yep. That's why I'd prefer a revolver in woods. I never had any issues with the BB 10MM in my Glock 20SF. It wasn't fun to shoot... :)
That's good. Some don't have issues. Just work out which ammo feeds flawlessly and which doesn't. My new 6" barrel runs all of it good. I just stuck with the Underwood. Still have several boxes of the 220 BB so eventually it'll get used. Very comfortable IMO to shoot in my G20 or G40. Much more so than my bigger bore revolvers for sure.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.