Food Prices and On the Shelves Supply

I like deer or elk heart pickled and sliced wafer thin so you can about see through it such it melts in your mouth. OMG, drooling! I also like fried heart so added both recipes. My wife does NOT like seeing a heart in a plastic tub "resting" in fridge cause she SWEARS she can see it beating and now ay tough it with 50' pole. The biggest issue is to clean it out thoroughly to remove even the smallest blood clots so soaking in salt water is a must as well.
View attachment 358067View attachment 358068
Thank you and your wife Muddy ! Mine are all cleaned and some sliced. I've never breaded and fried. Great idea. Curious about picking. I have an idea now. Thanks ! I'll experiment on beef heart.
👍

I like deer or elk heart pickled and sliced wafer thin so you can about see through it such it melts in your mouth. OMG, drooling! I also like fried heart so added both recipes. My wife does NOT like seeing a heart in a plastic tub "resting" in fridge cause she SWEARS she can see it beating and now ay tough it with 50' pole. The biggest issue is to clean it out thoroughly to remove even the smallest blood clots so soaking in salt water is a must as well.
View attachment 358067View attachment 358068
Pickling recipe sounds close to what my Grandmother and Mom did. I lost the recipe several years ago. I have a beef heart in the freezer from a yearling we had butchered. I will be trying this again soon.

Here's another guys for Deer heart.
Clean it and remove all membranes.
Slice it 1/4" thick crosswise
Flour and panfry set aside
cut up two yellow onions and carmelize in oil set aside.
Add flour, brown and add a couple cups of water for brown gravy
Add salt, pepper and Tony's seasoning
Put the whole mess in a crock pot for 10hrs on low. or till it all falls apart.
Eat over rice
sometimes we add wine to the liquid.

This right here. You have to be vigilant, watch for sales, coupons, and go where the deals are. And when you find a good deal, STOCK UP! I know it's getting harder to do this but still possible. My wife is a coupon/deal queen lol.
At four dollars or more a gallon you also must consider what it cost to go to all these different stores and just how far apart they are compared to what you were saving

Yeah but recipe no good when a 180 Hammer Hunter out of 06 at 2875 fps slams into lungs and still does this.

Attachments

• 4970FCD1-37F3-4353-95C9-DB6C70DF67B5.jpeg
    4970FCD1-37F3-4353-95C9-DB6C70DF67B5.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
Pickling recipe sounds close to what my Grandmother and Mom did. I lost the recipe several years ago. I have a beef heart in the freezer from a yearling we had butchered. I will be trying this again soon.
Let me know what you end up doing. Many hearts and livers in my freezer 🙄

Eat over rice
Sounds great !

At four dollars or more a gallon you also must consider what it cost to go to all these different stores and just how far apart they are compared to what you were saving
Very true. Luckily we go to a large town about 1 1/2hr drive every couple weeks or so anyway. Several different grocery stores, couple wholesale places, and a couple specialty shops all in the same town. May take most of a day but we make it worth our while. We also have a poultry packer/distibutor that will sell to private individuals and a wholesale grocery warehouse distributor that has a retail store for damaged, overstocks. We buy fresh chickens by the case. The warehouse is hit and miss but always has a few deals. Last trip scored a whole case of pretzel hambuger buns, like 100 in a case. Box was damaged but all still sealed in plastic for the whopping price of $2 lol. In the freezer they went and have burger buns for the year lol.

Eat over rice
Dam. I'm defrosting heart now. Any good liver recipes ? Besides onions and Worcestershire sauce. Sometimes teriyaki sauce.

y'all are insulting all forms of vegetables, starches and fruits by comparing biden to them. literally any of them sitting in the presidents chair in the oval office would be effing things up less than brandon.
View attachment 354456
It'd be funny if it weren't so sad! A country of 360 M people and we've got a president in the throws of late stage dementia and to his right a cackling moron that mixes her words like a tossed salad.
We've become the laughing stock of the world.
T