Folder chassis

It has not been mentioned yet but KRG is a pretty economical way to go and they make great stuff. They will not be as light as the XLR or MDT, but they're still respectably light.

MDT Hnt26 cause touching coldass metal sucks

also the XLR feel like poo to me as a guy who prefers a stock with a thumbshelf

All of the chassis makers list their weights on their respective pages. My XLR is 2 lbs 1 ounce with carbon fiber grip, folder, and carbon fiber butt according to my scale. I think MDT is advertised as the lightest currently by a couple ounce but they are also 400-600 more, pick your poison I guess. I've had a pile of MDT chassis but the move to the xlr was money well spent especially since I paid 1050.00 and have a lot of time on it now. My rifle without the can is 8lbs 3.91 ounce with the TBAC brake. 8 lbs 14 ounces with TBAC ultra 7. I suppose a guy could remove the brake and maybe tap into the sub 8 lb range.

For giggles I looked up the TL3 action weight at 28 oz vs a ti action at 18-19. So it appears if you go ti you can shave off .5 lbs on average using ti vs steel. Of course barrel material and contour are a huge variable factor.

Chassis 32 oz
scope 22 oz vx 6 or similar light hunter
action 28-30oz TL3 bighorn
Rings 3-5 oz
Barrel 40 oz xcaliber carbon light varmint contour 18"
Total 129 oz or 8lbs

add bipod, mag, brake, can if you want.

All together sorry, chasis, action, barrel, brake, trigger, rings, scope etc
Supressor, Magpul bipod, heavier MDT 5 rd magazine. This is its max weight -
20220719_095912.jpg

And this is with brake, single shot tray, folding adapter, no bipod -
20220719_100546.jpg

very nice. I'm building one currently just like yours in a 7saum.
I could drop off about 5 oz if I took the folding adapter off and swapped out an ar15 6 position stock I have that weighs 11 oz, and another 3 oz if I went with a light weight 3 port brake instead of the silencerco brake, so 8.3 lbs is about minimum with that optic and rings

I could drop off about 5 oz if I took the folding adapter off and swapped out an ar15 6 position stock I have that weighs 11 oz, and another 3 oz if I went with a light weight 3 port brake instead of the silencerco brake, so 8.3 lbs is about minimum with that optic and rings
How do you like the nx8? Almost went that route instead of the vx6 but have a new build in the works that might be a NF topped rig.

I personally like the NX8 and thats what I'm putting on mine. I know some don't like the black edge thing but I don't have a problem with it. When you eye goes where it's suppose to I don't see the issue. I think I have like 7 of them. Work for me. I thought about a zco420 but trying to save as much as i can with oz and $ on this one.

I personally like the NX8 and thats what I'm putting on mine. I know some don't like the black edge thing but I don't have a problem with it. When you eye goes where it's suppose to I don't see the issue. I think I have like 7 of them. Work for me. I thought about a zco420 but trying to save as much as i can with oz and $ on this one.
Nice. If weight isn't much of a issue def want to consider it. Liked my nf's just fine but also been enjoying the leupold line up lately too.

How do you like the nx8? Almost went that route instead of the vx6 but have a new build in the works that might be a NF topped rig.
I really like it. Came from a March 2.5-25x52, my wife runs a Vortex Razor HD LHT 4.5-22, before she had a Burris XTRIII 3.3-18X50, have ran a VX6-HD 3-18, VX5-HD 3-15X44, and I personally like this better than any of the others. Glass is clear to me, and I don't have any problem getting behind it and adjusting parallax, even on 20x.

I am not too picky on optics though to a point, and I have really good vision. I care more that my zero won't shift and my optic dialing is repeatable than having that last minute of light. If I'm depending on my scope to give me an extra minute of seeing, then I'm probably rushing the shot anyway, and if I can't see it good enough through $1,600 nightforce glass, I probably shouldn't take the shot with glass that might be a little better. Just my opinion though. Now for a spotting scope, that is a different story.....I wish I could afford the Kowa I want!!!