Folder chassis

Not trying to derail or hijack this thread, but I think folding stocks are the coolest feature that never gets used. OP, consider how you carry the gun and whether the folding stock is useful and applicable for you personally. I wanted a folder really bad, bought it, and never used it; not once, not even to store it. There is nothing wrong with having one, but for me they were unnecessary in this application, and I wouldn't pay more or wait extra long for one in the future. Just my .02, everyone's mileage may vary.

Not trying to derail or hijack this thread, but I think folding stocks are the coolest feature that never gets used. OP, consider how you carry the gun and whether the folding stock is useful and applicable for you personally. I wanted a folder really bad, bought it, and never used it; not once, not even to store it. There is nothing wrong with having one, but for me they were unnecessary in this application, and I wouldn't pay more or wait extra long for one in the future. Just my .02, everyone's mileage may vary.
I use my folder every single time I go hunting lol. My rifle is stored in an ar-15 carbine case, and it is folded in my pack like the pic I attached while hiking in. It's the entire reason I went with a chassis in the first place, it's absolutely perfect. The Manners folder was way heavier, and the chassis is super modular. But like you said, everyone has different uses and needs

I have run mdt chassis for a while and switched to the xlr 4.0 magnesium. That was before they came out with their hunter. Mpa also makes a light weight chassis but the xlr is my favorite currently. The chassis with stock is 2 lbs 1 ounce. It's legit. Xlr could improve a couple things but overall this set up is excellent. That rifle is 8 lbs 14 ounces

235566CB-9E16-42B3-A1BB-5B89F7259D2C.jpeg

I have run mdt chassis for a while and switched to the xlr 4.0 magnesium. That was before they came out with their hunter. Mpa also makes a light weight chassis but the xlr is my favorite currently. The chassis with stock is 2 lbs 1 ounce. It's legit. Xlr could improve a couple things but overall this set up is excellent. That rifle is 8 lbs 14 ounces

View attachment 397048
Hey! Looks like somebody stole your bolt handle...

I originally was going for the XLR Element (like @codyadams) or MDT HNT26 but went with the MPR by CA. It is slightly heavier, but I still have my end weight goal for my current build-in progress.

View attachment 396478

I love the MPR chassis... if you use a standard .187 Remington recoil lug your golden..if you use a custom action or heavier recoil lug with a .250 you will need to have the lug area of the chassis opened up a hair.

XLR for lightweight.

I have a couple of XLR chassis and they are great. The newer folder they have works well to. I didn't like their first gen folder mechanism though, but their current one is great.

I use the folder for storing them One of my safes is shorter, so the folder comes in very handy.