FNG From Washington State

Okie John

Nice to meet everyone.

I'm in Washington state. Former US Army Special Forces NCO. Long-time shooter and hunter. Plenty of experience with whitetails, blacktails, and small game. A few hogs, one elk, and one black bear under my belt. Looking to focus on boar, bear, and elk going forward.

Thanks!

John

Nice to meet everyone.

I'm in Washington state. Former US Army Special Forces NCO. Long-time shooter and hunter. Plenty of experience with whitetails, blacktails, and small game. A few hogs, one elk, and one black bear under my belt. Looking to focus on boar, bear, and elk going forward.

Thanks!

John
Thanks for joining up,and welcome

Welcome from western Washington! Some dandy weather lately. Was shooting some long range day before yesterday if you can imagine that lol. Still about 6" of wet frozen snow where I was at and pretty sure I sucked all the oxygen out of the area setting up and retrieving targets. Mixed rain and snow with some wind = perfect lol

Welcome from western Washington! Some dandy weather lately. Was shooting some long range day before yesterday if you can imagine that lol. Still about 6" of wet frozen snow where I was at and pretty sure I sucked all the oxygen out of the area setting up and retrieving targets. Mixed rain and snow with some wind = perfect lol
Thanks for the kind words. I'm a member of the range shown in your avatar. I recently did a train-up on that range that led to me dropping a black bear with one shot at 353 yards about 40 miles south of there. That's the longest shot I've taken since the 90s since I've hunted mostly in western Washington since then.

Okie John

Thanks for the kind words. I'm a member of the range shown in your avatar. I recently did a train-up on that range that led to me dropping a black bear with one shot at 353 yards about 40 miles south of there. That's the longest shot I've taken since the 90s since I've hunted mostly in western Washington since then.

Okie John
That's awesome. It's an excellent range for load development. Pretty protected by the wind and long enough to get pretty close data for longer distances. Should be down there in a few weeks doing load work up and some finish work on a couple rifles. Maybe I'll see you there. I usually try to go on Tuesday's ( day off ) if weather permits . Welcome again to the forum and lots of good folks on here. I've learned a lot