FN Mauser

There is one in the process of being built right now but don't have any REAL data as yet. I know it will out perform the A.I. but by how much, I don't know. In the 6.5-06 A.I. vs the 6.5 Sherman , I do have data as I have owned both. The Sherman will get "at least" 100' more...........Rich

Thanks for the prompt response Rich, PM was sent as well in case you didn't see this. Is the .280 Sherman being built by you or another? Very interested in this for my next Mauser build.

Thanks for the prompt response Rich, PM was sent as well in case you didn't see this. Is the .280 Sherman being built by you or another? Very interested in this for my next Mauser build.

A friend of mine in in Lewistown Mt. is having it built by Jeff Lawrence (Lawrence barrels)
I'm pretty sure it will top 3100' with a 160+ grainer out of a 26" barrel since my 6.5 with the same case and barrel length will reach 3200' with a 140 in a .020" smaller bore....Rich

A friend of mine in in Lewistown Mt. is having it built by Jeff Lawrence (Lawrence barrels)
I'm pretty sure it will top 3100' with a 160+ grainer out of a 26" barrel since my 6.5 with the same case and barrel length will reach 3200' with a 140 in a .020" smaller bore....Rich

Who owns the reamer? What action is he building it on? Who made the reamer? Sorry for thread hijack Bigstrap.

Hello Rich, thanks very much for the spec's I appreciate your time, Mojo no problem regarding hijack, great info all. If you dont mind I will keep both you guys informed as I progress continues. thanks much GB

Hello Rich, thanks very much for the spec's I appreciate your time, Mojo no problem regarding hijack, great info all. If you dont mind I will keep both you guys informed as I progress continues. thanks much GB

Looking forward to it. Include some pics. I will too as soon as I get out of the planning stages and on to the meat and taters of the project.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.