• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FN Mauser reposted

8x68s

FN Mauser .284 Winchester, 26", 1:9 twist... Bought as a project as the action metalwork was abused and the stock had an attempted and poorly done refinish. The one bright light was that it had a new, unfired barrel (unknown maker) on it chambered in 7x57. I had the barrel rechambered to .284 Winchester. I have refinished the highly figured stock with Tru-oil & replaced the recoil pad. Length of pull is 14". The fore end tip is dark rosewood, though it appears as ebony in the photos. The metalwork has been sandblasted and refinished in Socom Blue Cerakote and epoxy bedded into the stock with the barrel free floated. It has a Timney deluxe trigger installed. The scope included is a Leupold VX Freedom, 1" tube, 3-9x33 with adjustable objective. The one piece scope base and rings are by Leupold. There is some pitting on the extractor and on the corner of the bolt release shown in the photos. The rifle remains unfired. Included in the package is a new, unused Forster die set and 100 count, new Norma brass.
Price for the package as listed is $1300. Rifle only would be $1100 (U.S. Postal money order) including insured shipping to your FFL. Prices are firm. I have no trade interests at this time.
UPDATE: I would be interested in trading for a Sako A1 in 6ppc.
P8180005.JPGP8180001.JPGP8180002 (2).JPGP8180002.JPGP8180003 (2).JPGP8180006.JPGP8180009.JPGP8180010.JPGP8180013.JPGP8180014.JPG

Last edited:
thanks for the compliment! If I was to shoot it (which I haven't), I shoot left handed because of eye dominance. a right handed rifle doesn't bother me a bit. in fact in refinishing this rifle, I removed the cheek piece to make it ambidextrous.