• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

FN Mauser brought back to life...

8x68s

FN Mauser .284 Win, 26", 1:9 twist... Bought as a project as the action metalwork was abused and the stock had an attempted and poorly done refinish. The one bright light was that it had a new, unfired barrel on it chambered in 7x57. I have refinished the highly figured stock with Tru-oil & replaced the recoil pad. Length of pull is 14". The fore end tip is dark rosewood, though it appears as ebony in the photos. The metalwork has been sandblasted and refinished in Socom Blue Cerakote and epoxy bedded into the stock with the barrel free floated. It has a Timney deluxe trigger installed. The scope included is a Leupold VX Freedom, 1" tube, 3-9x33 with adjustable objective. This was the only scope I could find with a small enough diameter at the eye piece end for the open bolt to pass by. I didn't want to have to remove and reweld the bolt handle... The rifle remains unfired. Included in the package is a new Forster die set and 100 count, new Norma brass. I have a varied selection of 7mm bullets I can offer to include in the package if you are in need.

Price for the package as offered is $1300 (U.S. Postal money order) including insured shipping to your FFL. See below for trade interest.
P8180001.JPGP8180005.JPGP8180002.JPGP8180006.JPGP8180004.JPGP8180014.JPGP8180009.JPGP8180010.JPGP8180002 (2).JPGP8180003 (2).JPG

Last edited:
no sir, I don't do checkering. I would love to learn though, as I seem to have the patience for it. I do know a guy if you are looking to have some done.

Ok, gents, last chance! This rifle is going hunting if some one doesn't buy it in the next 2 weeks. Price remains firm. Would consider a trade for a custom short action to build a 6mm project rifle.

Little confused... did you replace the 7x57 barrel and installed a new barrel clambered in 284? If so, who did the work and specs on new barrel please.

Sorry, that IS somewhat unclear. I had the barrel rechambered to .284 Win. by Tim Copeland ìn Estacada, OR. I don't know the original maker of the barrel. Looks to be a 4 groove, 1:9 twist, .625"@ the muzzle and not fired.