Flattened primers acceptable pressure sign?

RidgeRebel

Hey fellas,

I know flat primers are a sign of pressure, but I was wondering if flat primers that are not cratered and have no leakage around them are acceptable. I am loading a 7mm Saum with ADG brass, Berger 180 hybrids, Hodgdon 4831sc, and Federal Gold Medal 210 primers. I worked up to a load of 60.7 grains that shoots one hole groups with an ES of 11 FPS for five rounds. I am super happy about the performance, but the primers are pretty flat and I am a little concerned I may be pushing it too hot. I am right at 2855 - 2866 fps which also right what I was shooting for. So my question is: safe to run? or find a lower node?
Thanks

Bob

Hey fellas,

I know flat primers are a sign of pressure, but I was wondering if flat primers that are not cratered and have no leakage around them are acceptable. I am loading a 7mm Saum with ADG brass, Berger 180 hybrids, Hodgdon 4831sc, and Federal Gold Medal 210 primers. I worked up to a load of 60.7 grains that shoots one hole groups with an ES of 11 FPS for five rounds. I am super happy about the performance, but the primers are pretty flat and I am a little concerned I may be pushing it too hot. I am right at 2855 - 2866 fps which also right what I was shooting for. So my question is: safe to run? or find a lower node?
Thanks

Bob
"I" do not like any pressure signs on any of my load.

Hey fellas,

Thanks

Bob
Pics?

20210906_122723.jpg

I seem to get the ejector swipe no matter what even on light loads. The action is a Tikka. I do see the faint ejector mark now though and have not seen that when the brass was virgin. I was shooting a standard VLD before that were seated slightly longer with a similar load. I agree that I need to go to a lower node. I think I knew that before I asked but the load was so perfect I was hoping I was just being paranoid.