Flatest shooting AR cal.??

Flat, if hunting for yote or something...204 out to 300-400 hard to beat. Before you build any Grendel or arc, look at the situation on reload stuff and ammo. Coming out with a new cartridge in a buying rush has killed about all the supplies. There's guys buying 6.5grendel ammo pulling bullet, necking down for 6mm. If that sounds like a fun time, by all means...this isn't going to get any better anytime soon. Just a heads up...

I have two Grendel's now and a so, so decent Grendel 18" barrel but I really don't need another one. I want something else but the ARC isn't gaining me much at all and no brass. How about the .243 WSSM have you heard of anything on this round in an AR-15 platform?

Yes I have a 243 wssm ar. It's as good as it gets for a coyote ar imo. That said I'm shooting a g2 dpms 243 because it's almost as light, just as accurate, and I bought 2 spare barrels for 80 bucks each. But the wssm will outrun it.

Fill me in just a little if you would?
Bolts, carriers, extensions and uppers are all proprietary to Olympic, and Jard. Dtech in Minnesota builds them using Jard parts now I believe, and that's the way I would go. Mine is a Dtech with Oly parts and it's pretty unreal imo. I'm shooting 87 gr vmax at 3200 fps, 22" barrel. The downside if you want to shoot vld type bullets you run out of mag space. Even the 87s are seated fairly deep.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts