Flatest shooting AR cal.??

I still haven't made a dissension on this but it doesn't make much difference, you can't buy any components to load anything, Just where has everything gone, and I can not except the virus thing as an excuse any more! So what's up with this vast shortage?

Communist that is trespassing in the white house has stated taking guns and keeping you from getting ammo is top of list of things they want. Thats why you have shortage everyone buying anything they can get. Plus its investment. The harder they become to get the more you can sell what you have for.

The way it looks to me it is going to get worse with the bubble gum brains that are going to be running the country!

I still haven't made a dissension on this but it doesn't make much difference, you can't buy any components to load anything, Just where has everything gone, and I can not except the virus thing as an excuse any more! So what's up with this vast shortage?
I like the 6x45. 6mm is fairly easy to find right now, you can load it with pretty much anything that you load 223 with. And the brass is easy to make with a hydro form die.

tossing this out if you are looking at a hot 6 in an AR15 size platform. Competition shooters who have gone down that road have reported short bolt life.

White Oak Arsenal, one of the best known AR builders for Service Rifle and Match Rifle shooting will not chamber a rifle for you in 6mmARC. There are a number of others that have resulted in sheared lugs.

the AR platform has limits. Push them at your own risk.

tossing this out if you are looking at a hot 6 in an AR15 size platform. Competition shooters who have gone down that road have reported short bolt life.

White Oak Arsenal, one of the best known AR builders for Service Rifle and Match Rifle shooting will not chamber a rifle for you in 6mmARC. There are a number of others that have resulted in sheared lugs.

the AR platform has limits. Push them at your own risk.
I haven't pushed the Grendel that much because of the higher pressures, maybe I will bump it up some.

I have built 6.5 Gendels and a 6.5 CM and they shoot very well. I have been wondering about a couple calibers so I am open for suggestions.
Don't forget likely among the "flatest shooting" AR calibers is none other than the 223rem, shooting 55g vmax bullets at 3200+ out of a 20" barrel (556 pressure) it has very good point blank range. That why the Army will never buy one of these new fangled calibers- the average soldier puts their hands on a firearm for the first time ever in Basic Training and has no concept of tragectory and no idea how to compensate for it!

If you are ok with going to an AR10 then look into barrels for the 243win and 22-250

Don't forget likely among the "flatest shooting" AR calibers is none other than the 223rem, shooting 55g vmax bullets at 3200+ out of a 20" barrel (556 pressure) it has very good point blank range. That why the Army will never buy one of these new fangled calibers- the average soldier puts their hands on a firearm for the first time ever in Basic Training and has no concept of tragectory and no idea how to compensate for it!

If you are ok with going to an AR10 then look into barrels for the 243win and 22-250

Noreen makes the beasts in the AR platform, 300WM, 7mmRM and 25-06.

It is not the first first time that I heard the 264WM but I have read here that it is hard on barrels?

It is not the first first time that I heard the 264WM but I have read here that it is hard on barrels?
It is only hard on barrels if you run it to hot, heat is the only barrel killer. Space out to shots. It will push a 85gr HP over 3800fps and a 160gr PPSN over 3200fps.

I have about everything to assemble this but the barrel and maybe a bolt, still haven't made a decision. Maybe I will ask my wife she seems to make most of mine anyway!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.