Flat Triggers for hunting

bdcook

I keep looking at putting a flat trigger in my ar for coyote hunting. Any pro's/cons? I would assume for the most part its just preference but are there any issues I might be overlooking?

I keep seeing decent deals on the rise drop in triggers. Very tempted to try a flat just to see if I like it.
I run AR gold in all of mine. 1-3/4# brake. Short travel/reset like that if a 2011. Can't say enough good things about them.

Did try a buddies 2 stage Trigger tech and it was super nice. Haven't bought any of those yet.

I prefer flat triggers on my vertical grip rifles, curved on my sporter gripped rifles. The vertical angle aligns my finger better to where I have even and consistent placement on a flat shoe. The curved triggers feel fine on vertical grips, but I just personally feel like the flat shoe allows for a better press. However I threw a flat shoe in a rifle with a swept, more sporter type grip, really didn't like the feel, it was like my finger was wanting to slide up the shoe. The curved gives me better placement and consistent pull with a swept grip. Therefore, I prefer flat shoes on ar's, chassis, and stocks like the EH-1 or similar. M40 type or more swept grips, I jump for the curved.

This is, of course, all personal preference. To each their own.

I prefer flat triggers on my vertical grip rifles, curved on my sporter gripped rifles. The vertical angle aligns my finger better to where I have even and consistent placement on a flat shoe. The curved triggers feel fine on vertical grips, but I just personally feel like the flat shoe allows for a better press. However I threw a flat shoe in a rifle with a swept, more sporter type grip, really didn't like the feel, it was like my finger was wanting to slide up the shoe. The curved gives me better placement and consistent pull with a swept grip. Therefore, I prefer flat shoes on ar's, chassis, and stocks like the EH-1 or similar. M40 type or more swept grips, I jump for the curved.

This is, of course, all personal preference. To each their own.
I think you just explained to me why I like the flat shoe on the target rifle I have. I do believe it is in relation to the angle of the grip ,you nailed it

I keep looking at putting a flat trigger in my ar for coyote hunting. Any pro's/cons? I would assume for the most part its just preference but are there any issues I might be overlooking?
Recently encountered my 1st flat trigger on a Savage Stance. I was surprised how much I liked it. Don't know if I want it on a hunting rifle or not JMO

I tried a flat trigger in my AR and found I really liked it. 2.5# break and I may replace some of my curved ones but still use curved in my bolt guns. There may be something to the grip angle thing

I use flat ones on my ARs, (when we had them) & pistol grip rifles like the RPRs because my hands are fairly big & I found the curved ones were too close to position my finger comfortably on them