Flat lander intro

Feare

Listened to a Gunwerks podcast with Len the other day and figured I'd join up on what sounds like a great place to learn.
A little about myself, great up hunting white tails in river bottoms with my passed down pre 64 more 70 30-06, which had stolen from me a few years back, the next year I drew a mule deer rifle tag in ND which is a 1/6 or 7 year deal. My old man let me use his pre 64 mode 70 .300 H&H which I used to fill my tag. When I told my hunting partner about it he went on to say that gun is worth quite a bit, did my research and figured I shouldn't be backpacking around with it. Bought a used fierce fury 7mm from Unknown Munitions and now can't stop wanting to get better at shooting. One more thing, my old man has reloaded forever and would like to get into it as a good excuse to spend more time with him as he isn't getting any younger.

Merry Christmas

Robert

Attachments

• D08BA533-DA21-4AC8-BD06-0BBC64825B8F.jpeg
    D08BA533-DA21-4AC8-BD06-0BBC64825B8F.jpeg
    381.6 KB · Views: 96
Well good for you because them old men don't get any younger, I sure wish they did cuz I'm one of em. Welcome to the forum, a lot of very good information to be had. I mostly just sit back and listen.
Oh yah I'm from right north of Bismarck.

Welcome from Tennessee what a great buck Plenty of information to be had here from great people also i commend you for wanting to be closer with your father and reloading none of us will be around forever

Spent yesterday morning reloading some 87gr spitzer for my .243 with my dad, lots of fun, looks like a rabbit hole to get into.

ND guys is there a built up long distance range anywhere? I have some steel and could set it up in a field but on the east side one foot of elevation change for miles and farmsteads around I don't want to push it.

I went to school at UND so I know what you mean.... Forks Rifle Club has a 600 yard range. Not exactly LONG distance, but it would be a good start. If you are buddies with a farmer, you could see if you could talk them into building a backstop. That's what I did when I was up there, and with farm equipment it only takes 20 minutes. there is no shortage of long flat shooting areas in that part of the state, but stopping the bullet can be tricky.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.