Flash Holes

Matt27

In reading about S1's flash hole reameri have a question about it for any one who uses it.
Is the reamer a bigger pilot than the standard flash hole?
I know sometimes that flash holes can be off center a little and and burrs can have an effect on ignition but as thinking of this and not fully understanding if you use this reamer and correct the flash hole lets say one was off center and one was centered wouldn't the one that was off center be a bigger hole versus the centered one? Wouldn't that still cause inconsistant ignition? One being bigger versus the correct one?

I have been using one of S1 flash hole reamers. The reamer cuts the flash holes the same size and removes the burrs from the inside of the case by cutting some of the brass out of the flash hole. I have reamed 100 cases with it and haven't had one that the hole in the case was off center so bad that the reamer wouldn't fix. The reamer is bigger then the standard flash hole think of it like drilling the flash hole. The reaming of my 6.5-284 lepua brass made a measurable difference in my groups at 1k
grin.gif

Crow Mag

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.