Flash hole deburring tool.

RT2506

I use the Lyman by hand and it works for me. Fingers can get tired if you do a bunch. I have seen the same tool screwed into a RCBS case prep station for machine driving of it. It is my personal opinion that deburring the flash hole is one of the most telling accuracy improving things I can do to a case. Make sure all your cases are the same length which means sized and trimmed and then don't over do it just remove only the burrs.

243winxb

My Lyman is hard to set correctly.
Look for one that has a positive stop built in.
K&M or 21 Century http://www.xxicsi.com/flash-hole-debur-tool.html

21C_zpswnddptiy.JPG

Barrelnut

That 21 century tool is $50! And it is caliber dependent! It has done an amazing job in the pic though. I'm just not sure I need that kinda precision. I use the Lyman tool and it is only $15. I tend to use it by feel also. Once I feel it finish the burr, I just give it a couple short turns with some consistent pressure and move on to the next case.

MagnumManiac

I use the Redding WITHOUT the pilots, it has a cone shaped stop you adjust once the FIRST case is cut, then ALL cases are cut to the same depth. As RT2506 said, trim case length first.
I bought my tool with the pilots for 30 & 26 cals first, then when I saw the results, I wanted to do it to EVERY cal I own....well the number of pilots needed would have been astronomical, so I simply bought the cone shaped stop, works all the way past .50 cal.

Cheers.
:)

SidecarFlip

That 21 century tool is $50! And it is caliber dependent! It has done an amazing job in the pic though. I'm just not sure I need that kinda precision. I use the Lyman tool and it is only $15. I tend to use it by feel also. Once I feel it finish the burr, I just give it a couple short turns with some consistent pressure and move on to the next case.

Reminds me of the Bald Eagle primer setting tool for a buck and a half. Been setting primers for years with my RCBS hand primer with no issues.

Don't mind paying the long dollar for things that I need but the 15 buck Lyman tool works fine for me.

Only drawback is the Lyman tool won't do a 22-250 case. Too fat to fit in the neck.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.