FL sizing shoulder bump question

If you use a standard die and holder I think what was said about it being a generic safetey setup by nanf is correct.

As we have tools like the redding comp shell holder sets and shims we can get the benefits of consistent sizing pressure and distance consistency with all the adjustibilty we need for precision tolerances and results.

I think stating absolutes in most cases is a bad habit as its almost never true.

I believe this is what was trying to be coveyed.
Those Redding shellholder sets are handy, as given a dead bottom, die setup, you can effectively build in shoulder bump by changing the holder.
I had a Redneck version of that thinking years ago, that I took a end mill, and shaved off a little,( very little), and created my own custom shell holders, for a particularly difficult 300 rsaum, I had a few years ago. Thanks to a liberal chamber that Big Green had problems with.
It worked really well, a little Neanderthalic, but the effect was the same. Shortly after that, Redding came out with them. Maybe because of that, who knows!
Most importantly, you can't push the excess brass, back into itself, once it's gotten too long. You have to control it early on, even at the expense of discarding it if it does. It's even worse, with belted Magnums.once you get your dies set up, CORRECTLY, you can get several firings with the same, much longer then if you dont! Hope this helps, I had to think about you're issue, and relate it to my own experiences.
That's what it's all about!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.