FL die and lee collet, it don't work

I meant FL die, shouldn't have added body after, so basically what I read about removing the guts from a FL die and then using the collet die is not correct, I wonder if people are posting this without actually doing it, would u use the collet die after the expander mandrel or would that be the end of the process.

I meant FL die, shouldn't have added body after, so basically what I read about removing the guts from a FL die and then using the collet die is not correct, I wonder if people are posting this without actually doing it, would u use the collet die after the expander mandrel or would that be the end of the process.
They might have been referring to Lee Mandrel die, which I cannot find now. I do see undersized mandrels which might be fore the Lee Collet dies.

Let's back up, Put your expander ball back in your FL die and use it if you want to FL size and that's the end of the process, If you only want to neck size use the LEE Collet die only

So if you get the mandrel die, Lyman or otherwise, you just FL size with the expander removed and use the mandrel die to expand the neck.

Unless you're converting a case from one caliber to another, it makes no sense to use a FL die and then a collet die. Even then, it still makes no sense.
Collet neck size only after you've fired the case in your gun.

I want to bump the shoulder back so now I have Redding body die cause FL die without expander ball did not work well, I use collet die after but now wondering if the expander dies your talking about would produce even straighter ammo.

I'd bet it was more a terminology conflation, but I'm usually a bit optimistic about peoples intentions. Lee does rightly call the rod for their collet die a mandrel but it's certainly not used how expanded mandrels are typically thought of being used.

You're ultimately right: two common techniques for precise neck manipulation appear to be a body only/bump die + lee collet die or a full length sizer w/o expander + sinclair or similar mandrels. Just to make things even more confusing there is a third option which is essentially the same as the first and that's to use a bushing die without the bushing + lee collet die but I don't know if anybody takes this one seriously or if it's even a good idea, but the idea is floating about.
I want to bump the shoulder back so now I have Redding body die cause FL die without expander ball did not work well, I use collet die after but now wondering if the expander dies your talking about would produce even straighter ammo.
Most folks using a lee collet die (with or without shoulder bumping first) rave about how little run-out they get and I have no reason to agree or disagree. I use expander mandrels myself because it's easier to get different sized mandrels to control neck tension. People also say they're great for run-out (final neck sizing on down vs up like someone before said) but I haven't actually measured mine because the ammo shoots great.

The mandrel expander was used more to reduce case stretch. It can be tricky to set up for less runout. All of this is really hypothetical if you don't have a concentricity gauge. I'm assuming you have one already. What rifle and cartridge do you have for all this?

I have used both methods you mentioned. The Redding body die first then the Lee Collet die as well as the full length die with the spindle removed along with the mandrel die. Both produce straight cases only the Body die/collet die work the case neck less thus giving better case life/less neck splits. JME

IMO if you are going to run a body die and then a collet die (neck size only) you are just wasting time, buy a FL bushing die and be done. If you wanna go the mandrel route you can undersize your bushing an extra .001 and then run a mandrel to open back up.

IMO if you are going to run a body die and then a collet die (neck size only) you are just wasting time, buy a FL bushing die and be done. If you wanna go the mandrel route you can undersize your bushing an extra .001 and then run a mandrel to open back up.
Nothing is a waste of time, reloading is supposed to be enjoyable, He already has a body die and a collet die, IMO what you are suggesting is a waste of money

Nothing is a waste of time, reloading is supposed to be enjoyable, He already has a body die and a collet die, IMO what you are suggesting is a waste of money
I guess everyone has their opinion, I don't have an abundance of time so if I can get 2 jobs done with one step I will.