fixed vs vari power

B23

I need to put a scope on a 22mag that I will use mostly for sage rat shooting out to about 100yds or so. I am considering going with a fixed 8x or 10x. This will be a maximum of $300 scope.

Looking for opinions on if you think a fixed power scope in this price range will have better optics than a variable power scope in the same price range.

Thanks

I need to put a scope on a 22mag that I will use mostly for sage rat shooting out to about 100yds or so. I am considering going with a fixed 8x or 10x. This will be a maximum of $300 scope.

Looking for opinions on if you think a fixed power scope in this price range will have better optics than a variable power scope in the same price range.

Thanks

The problem with the fixed power scopes is the minimum distance that you can focus is not
good for a rim fire. I would recomend something like a 2x10x, 3x12x or a 4.5x 14.

The Nikon Buck master will work great and it is arround $300.oo plus it has side focus.

Just my opinion.

J E CUSTOM

I have a 3-9 on my 22 and it works well...not to perfection but, then again I wasn't going to invest too much money on a scope for my 22. I'm not a fan of fixed power.

I have one of the cabelas pine ridge 2-7x32, w/ tact. dials,100-275, but I marked my dial for 50 start. They have 3-9,3-12,6-18, with 3-4 dials 17 hmr, 22 hornet, 22 mag, 100-180 bucks they are fun

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts