Fixed Power Scope Recommendations

Jeff W.

I'm looking for a fixed power (6.0) scope for a rifle I'm putting together. I've been considering the Leupold FX-3 6x42; however, I don't want to make a purchase decision until I've evaluated other options.

Any recommendations or comments are sincerely appreciated.

Thanks.

6x is a rather unusual. If you can go to 10x look at the Bushness 3200 10x42. It is clear glass, fat target knobs and tough as nails.

I think you are on the right track. Simpler, more rugged, and often brighter than varibles. I have a Meostar 7X56 that I would sell. Super bright scope. I had it on my woods rifle, but went back to a variable now that I use the rifle for everything.

You can't go wrong with IOR. I have the 10x and couldn't be happier. Glass is better than the MK 4s I've used as well as a US Optics I have acess to. Built like a tank and have never needed re-zero in 3 years on a 6.5-284 shooting from 30 yards to 1300 yards with ALOT of dialing. The field of view blows varible power scopes away so the extra magnification never bothered me at close ranges. The 6x tactical would be my recommendation, the knobs are not huge and are covered and the Mp8 reticle is very precise and useful on running game. Using the reticle for a 6 mil lead and some dialing I hit 3 hogs on a dead run at 534, 547, and 573 in about 10 seconds. Call Val at Valdada optics, he'll give you a sales pitch and an excellent product. I think you will be very pleased.

Shag

P.S. I dont work for 'em, but I have 3 of 'em and waiting to afford more.

NO ONE HAS MENTIONED the SWFA Super Sniper 10x42?!?!

I love mine. I used to take it down to a reservoir in eastern PA and watch the deer feeding on a hillside across the water. Using the mil dot reticle, I calculated the distance 1,150 yards! Clear as day!

You can find them on here and toher sites for under $300 new or much less used. You would have tactical elevation and windage knobs, great glass, and proven durability. Plus an adjustable objective.

Its a great scope, if youre ok with a 10 power.

Just my $.02.

-Mega

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.