first TX pig!--it's a HAWG!

the444shooter

West Texas Boar--Jumped him in thick cover at about 15 feet, and shot him as he was squaring off with me at 25 yds--figure he weighs between 350 and 375lbs. We have had him on camera for all of this fall but could never get on him. Shot him with my 280 Ackley Improved and 140gr Nosler Accubond--shot him smack dab on the shoulder and bullet didn't exit, but it dropped him like a rock.

Definitely not long range, but glad I had the .280AI instead of my .223 AR for this one.

Attachments

• pig1.JPG
    pig1.JPG
    315 KB · Views: 146
You should look into the 6.8 SPC for the AR platform. Thats what we use and it smashes them... If you're not familiar with it I'd be glad to help you out and introduce you around. The load I shoot (110 Gr Nosler Accubond) maintains 1,975 FPS and 1,000 FPE to 397 yards so in essence it's a 400 yard whitetail rifle with all the benefits of the AR...

Blessings...

Thanks--I've been looking into the 6.8, but also the 300blk and 6.5 Grendel. I will most likely be going with the 300blk because it is stout enough out to 200yds and can also be used suppressed with subsonic ammo. That's all a ways ahead of me though, because I'm ordering my first suppressor and that's taking up some pretty hefty $$$

Nice pig! I love slipping up on them almost as much as dogging them. Definitely a rush to be that close.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.