First two man sniper match what should I bring?

Exactly what I put every stage distance on and then write the specific stage I'm on on my pad attached to the scope. Dont forget a preflight check. As I'm on deck I start at the muzzle and check suppressor or muzzle break to the bipod to the scope settings and parallax to the magazine to the stock adjust screws. Physically and visually check it all as you're waiting your turn.

Exactly what I put every stage distance on and then write the specific stage I'm on on my pad attached to the scope. Dont forget a preflight check. As I'm on deck I start at the muzzle and check suppressor or muzzle break to the bipod to the scope settings and parallax to the magazine to the stock adjust screws. Physically and visually check it all as you're waiting your turn.
Great suggestions but we don't get our stages before hand we have to range and find targets ourselves. But I will be using hard data on my arm.

I did that for real in the 60s in Cambodia and Laos working for BG Air and AA most days it was 100 and 100 present humidity, we had 6X Redfield glass on mod 70s, range finder were old off set. used water and suck on lemons and eat honey for energy. Most shots were 500 m but many hilts over 1000 m best was 1720 m todays equipment is so much better.

This weekend I have my first two man sniper match (this is my first centerfire match) and I am wanting to know what people all carry with them. There will be lots of walking and targets out to 1400 yd. I have the normal stuff, gun, ammo, bags, binos, range finder, spotter, tripod, hard data, and I might be borrowing a kestrel. What else do I need and what else is nice to have? Thank you all for the help in advance.
All the water you can carry!
Take it from experience here
HTH.

This weekend I have my first two man sniper match (this is my first centerfire match) and I am wanting to know what people all carry with them. There will be lots of walking and targets out to 1400 yd. I have the normal stuff, gun, ammo, bags, binos, range finder, spotter, tripod, hard data, and I might be borrowing a kestrel. What else do I need and what else is nice to have? Thank you all for the help in advance.
If allowed in your competition, you might consider a cart to carry everything, taking the load off you and your partner, saving a lot of energy. Another thread recently discussed carts made from retired three-wheeled baby jogging strollers. Often available for $10-25 at GoodWill bargain recycle style outlets. The larger the wheels the better. Have seen stock 14" wheels swapped out for 20-26" wheels to handle rough terrain/provide under slung gear storage. Carries everything rather than you, and keeps everything organized and at the ready. Allows you to incorporate a cooler for your hydration/eating needs, iced/wetted cooling scarfs, stools/chairs, MULTIPLE umbrellas for your shooting/spotting set ups/gear cart (keep ammo carriers shaded to maintain stable temp......lighter color packs.....not black....run cooler). Keeping the sun load off you and your gear can make a big performance and enjoyment difference. The cart can facilitate quickly accessing and stowing gear........and keeping from losing kit......empty pocket = something missing.

Last edited:
Is there a stalk involved in this competition? Are you required to bring a ghillie? Grab some female hair ties for your rifle so you can "veg" up the gun with grass, if your doing a stalk.

Be sure to bring a lens cleaner and a hat with a large brim that covers your neck. Camelback is a good idea too. Don't forget the rifle sunshade or the extra water bottles in a backpack. If you are going to wear any gear be sure to practice shooting with it. Your spotter should carry water and supplies.i agree with Pedialyte as a hydration. Be sure you can mix in the bottle though.

Spotting scope... leave the Binos