First two man sniper match what should I bring?

Another thing many folks don't know Nsaids will ruin your vision shooting. Don't take them before a match. Try and get on a schedule to take all your prescription drugs in the evening if possible. Its little things like this that most folks who have not shot competition for years don't know. You can be in the best of shape, have everything dialed in perfectly, and easily defeat yourself with things like not enough rest, wrong clothes, taking stuff like Advil etc. After you have done all this, its time to work on your Mental Game. IMO the most important thing in competition. Everyone out there can shoot. The ones that work the hardest and are on top of their mental game will win.

snacks/food

water keeps you hydrated, food keeps you fueled
Chilled fruit is pretty good here, blueberries, raspberries, and the ONLY sugar you should ever eat during a shoot. If you break for lunch, I wouldn't eat more than a cold lunchmeat sandwitch. Pasta is good the night before. Pig out early in the evening, but shy away from tomatoes, eggplant and tomato sauce. The carb load will carry you through tomorrow.

Chilled fruit is pretty good here, blueberries, raspberries, and the ONLY sugar you should ever eat during a shoot. If you break for lunch, I wouldn't eat more than a cold lunchmeat sandwitch. Pasta is good the night before. Pig out early in the evening, but shy away from tomatoes, eggplant and tomato sauce. The carb load will carry you through tomorrow.
Just curious why sugar is so bad during a shoot? Is it just the activity level/ heat or something to do with the actual shooting? Thanks

yep, i was thinking something on the sammich side as well. maybe jerky,

Just curious why sugar is so bad during a shoot? Is it just the activity level/ heat or something to do with the actual shooting? Thanks
sugar has an effect similar to caffeine, but more importantly it can cause nausea when in the heat. Neither are good for your scores. Seems like it can also affect your vision in some negative way, but can't remember. A beer will calm you down, but pretty much universally frowned upon...... I like energy bars hunting. Scores are often so close in competition that anything that can cost you just a smidgen can put you out. Over the years seems I learned a lot more about how not to lose than how to win LOL.

BTW Good luck to the OP! I know you have the butterflies and all, but it will be a great experience and you will gain a ton of knowledge with each match in the future. You will become even more effective on game. You will also meet some fine folks and make some new friends along the way. One Warning: competitive shooting in any form is a sickness, more addictive than cocaine, and more frustrating than dating. The worst of all these sicknesses are banging steel or blowing up clay targets. Guess we are all a little destructive at heart. Have Fun!!!

Just absorb it all and learn. I got crushed my first PRS match. Watch and talk to the guys. Your first couple matches you will learn boat loads. I learned real fast the military didn't tech me as much as I thought, the comps are different for sure. Between comp 1 and 2 was VERY drastic for me.

BTW Good luck to the OP! I know you have the butterflies and all, but it will be a great experience and you will gain a ton of knowledge with each match in the future. You will become even more effective on game. You will also meet some fine folks and make some new friends along the way. One Warning: competitive shooting in any form is a sickness, more addictive than cocaine, and more frustrating than dating. The worst of all these sicknesses are banging steel or blowing up clay targets. Guess we are all a little destructive at heart. Have Fun!!!
Thanks a bunch. I'm hoping to be in the top 50% since my partner is pretty experienced.

Just absorb it all and learn. I got crushed my first PRS match. Watch and talk to the guys. Your first couple matches you will learn boat loads. I learned real fast the military didn't tech me as much as I thought, the comps are different for sure. Between comp 1 and 2 was VERY drastic for me.
Yeah hopefully I can learn a lot and have some fun.