First triple!

It's been snowing and windy for the past couple weeks so I haven't been out. Most backroads are blown in, so I don't have many stands I can even get to. Checking the forecast, this morning was supposed to be -40 with the windchill, and relatively calm with a 5mph wind from the south. Perfect to call a dairy farm I've had great luck at.
I got a bit later start than I'd like, arriving about 1/2 hour after sunrise. Walking in 1/4 mile to where I wanted to set up, the snow was blown in deep in spots, but there was a ton of coyote tracks and trails. I set my call about 40 yards out into the field, and had just got back to the brush line when a coyote howled in the next quarter. I howled back and after a couple replies they went silent. I turned on Bebe cotton tail at a lower volume, and it wasn't long before I saw a line coyote coming to the call, about 600 yards to my northeast. He was taking his time, and as I'm hunting in a rimfire only zone I was using a .17 WSM and needed them close. Eventually the big male stopped about 80 yards downwind of the call facing me and he fell over stoned at the shot. I switched to pup distress and it wasn't long before another coyote came out in the same spot the first had come out. It was moving faster, and was followed by a third about 80 yards behind it. They worked their way in, and when they got to about 100 yards I shot the lead coyote, again facing me, and again it fell over dead. The third coyote stopped for a second, then it kept coming, and I shot it about 5 yards from the second.
This is my first ever triple, and super happy to have kept things together and been patient enough to make it happen. I was a bit of a BMag sceptic as it's such a clunky gun, but it certainly has the power for coyotes if you shoot them right!View attachment 333694View attachment 333695View attachment 333696View attachment 333697
Congratulations! Smoke a pack a day!

It's been snowing and windy for the past couple weeks so I haven't been out. Most backroads are blown in, so I don't have many stands I can even get to. Checking the forecast, this morning was supposed to be -40 with the windchill, and relatively calm with a 5mph wind from the south. Perfect to call a dairy farm I've had great luck at.
I got a bit later start than I'd like, arriving about 1/2 hour after sunrise. Walking in 1/4 mile to where I wanted to set up, the snow was blown in deep in spots, but there was a ton of coyote tracks and trails. I set my call about 40 yards out into the field, and had just got back to the brush line when a coyote howled in the next quarter. I howled back and after a couple replies they went silent. I turned on Bebe cotton tail at a lower volume, and it wasn't long before I saw a line coyote coming to the call, about 600 yards to my northeast. He was taking his time, and as I'm hunting in a rimfire only zone I was using a .17 WSM and needed them close. Eventually the big male stopped about 80 yards downwind of the call facing me and he fell over stoned at the shot. I switched to pup distress and it wasn't long before another coyote came out in the same spot the first had come out. It was moving faster, and was followed by a third about 80 yards behind it. They worked their way in, and when they got to about 100 yards I shot the lead coyote, again facing me, and again it fell over dead. The third coyote stopped for a second, then it kept coming, and I shot it about 5 yards from the second.
This is my first ever triple, and super happy to have kept things together and been patient enough to make it happen. I was a bit of a BMag sceptic as it's such a clunky gun, but it certainly has the power for coyotes if you shoot them right!View attachment 333694View attachment 333695View attachment 333696View attachment 333697
Great fuzzy boys, and shooting, dam cold here in MI too, artic front has arrived. Had one wandering about 80 yds, from my home office but not time to get the gun out, he followed the drainage ditch, it's frozen then was gone, Oh well next time. Thanks for the pics, very good

Thought I sent a message, great pics, and hunting, artic front has arrived for sure, yotes are wandering now. Keep up the many good pics, nice to see fuzzy yotes at rest

This is my first ever triple, and super happy to have kept things together and been patient enough to make it happen. I was a bit of a BMag sceptic as it's such a clunky gun, but it certainly has the power for coyotes if you shoot them
Congratulations man that's awesome!
Still trying to get my first Ohio coyote, one of these days it'll happen just gotta keep grinding.

Nice! My BMag wouldn't hold zero well so sent it down the road.

jealous! congrats!

probably stupid question, but i dont understand Bmag. could u enlighten me?

Congrats. 👍

Recent Posts