First time suppressor owner

I also have the SilencerCo suppressors and standardized on the 3 port brake ASR mount. This allows me to move my suppressor between guns and still have the benefit of the muzzle brake when I am shooting without the suppressor. I probably shoot most without the suppressor as I find it is only beneficial when everyone has suppressors. Unfortunately most of my family and friends do not have them. Although I am trying to encourage everyone to get them.

Personal opinion, I would skip the ASR and go either direct thread or Dead Air KeyMo. I typically run direct thread on the bolt guns and KeyMo on my semi autos.

Just saw that you're getting a Sandman S as well. If I was you I would dedicate the Omega to your bolt guns with the 419 setup and use the various Dead Air Keymo muzzle devices on your AR's and dedicate the Sandman to them. You also have the option of buying a Keymo adapter for the Omega (same 1.375-24 threads) and putting Keymo muzzle devices on everything to have it all interchangeable. The Keymo brakes and flash hiders as well as the Keymo adapter are quite big, heavy, and expensive compared the the 419 stuff though and it's a little much for a bolt gun in my opinion. You'll add over an inch and about 4 oz to the omega going that route.

why would you dedicate the omega to the bolt guns and the sandman S to the AR's? I was actually thinking the other way around

I would highly recommend the area 419 setup as well. It's basically a significantly improved version of direct threading. The mounts are melonited steel but small and weigh less than an ounce. They use a long taper in front of the threads which keeps the threads clean, and the threads are left handed making it basically impossible to unscrew the mount from the muzzle or the adapter from the suppressor upon removal. You can screw the suppressor on hand tight and it won't move because of the taper, and will come off easily as well. Also the mounts are available in different thread pitches to be able to swap the suppressor between rifles with different muzzle threads.
This is the mount:
Hellfire Universal Adapter
They are only $40 and you can also purchase thread protectors for them.
The Omega suppressors have the now industry standard 1.375-24 rear threading to take various adapters for a lot of different systems on the market. This is the Area 419 adapter that works with it:
Omega Suppressor mount SS
These are also available in titanium which is what I went with. This is a very good system that will only cost $40 to make another gun compatible down the road. You can also buy a hellfire brake that works with the same adapters and you can get by with one brake for multiple rifles if you're interested in trying a braked setup. Like others have said though, once you go suppressed, you likely won't want to use anything else.

Im going to look more into this setup. it is expensive but it is awesome how it works. its nice that they offer a break as well

CMP70306 absolutely. Omegas are direct threaded to bolt guns and the Sandman S is on ARs/SBRs. The Omega sounds better to me on the bolt guns plus I can use the anchor brake on lighter weight rifles. The Omega is big time gassy on ARs where the Sandman has a lot less back pressure.

Hello everyone. First time suppressor owner and I just received it. I purchase a Siencerco Omega 30. I know I have the option of direct thread or using a muzzle brake. I have three custom rifles cambered in 6.5PRC, 300wsm and 7wsm. I would like to run it on three long guns. I have read that POI can change with suppressors. Just want to know which option is the best for these type of rifles. These are dedicated hunting rifles. thank you
Get mounts. I wouldn't worry about POI shift between can and no can. Why would you shoot without it? You didn't pay for it to sit around. Or maybe you did.

CMP70306 absolutely. Omegas are direct threaded to bolt guns and the Sandman S is on ARs/SBRs. The Omega sounds better to me on the bolt guns plus I can use the anchor brake on lighter weight rifles. The Omega is big time gassy on ARs where the Sandman has a lot less back pressure.

Got it. I was thinking the other way around but your comment and I did a little bit of research and found the same thing.
so you suggest direct threading the omega vs having a break on them? I ask because I have two rifles that are 5/8x24 and I another one I need to measure out
thank you

Get mounts. I wouldn't worry about POI shift between can and no can. Why would you shoot without it? You didn't pay for it to sit around. Or maybe you did.

LOL ill order some mounts for the bolt guns.
Besides the ASR mounts, do you suggest a different mounting system?

so you suggest direct threading the omega vs having a break on them?
I have two Omegas and a Hybrid, all direct thread on bolt actions. No need for brakes to mount them on. 1 - I never shoot them without the suppressors, 2 - the rifles all came with thread protectors for when the suppressor is taken off, 3 - I have absolutely no need for a brake on all but potentially two rifles, and those are the two that have to use TBAC brakes to mount the big 338 suppressor.

The TBAC brake basically does nothing, and the ASR brakes don't look impressive in terms of functioning as a break should compared to brakes that do work:

If people want to use mounts, go for it. To me the (SilencerCo ASR) suppressor brake mounts are long, relatively useless piece of metal permanently attached to my barrel that I don't want. You want a real brake, get a Gen 3 Bastard and put it on when you don't have the suppressor on. It's self-timing, so it's not burdensome to install if you want it.

Edit: Wanted to clarify I specifically mean the ASR Brake that comes with the Omega 300. Not every suppressor brake mount across the board, but I have a half dozen of the ASR brakes so I do have an opinion about those particular ones.

Last edited:
I have two Omegas and a Hybrid, all direct thread on bolt actions. No need for brakes to mount them on. 1 - I never shoot them without the suppressors, 2 - the rifles all came with thread protectors for when the suppressor is taken off, 3 - I have absolutely no need for a brake on all but potentially two rifles, and those are the two that have to use TBAC brakes to mount the big 338 suppressor.

The TBAC brake basically does nothing, and the ASR brakes don't look impressive in terms of functioning as a break should compared to brakes that do work:

If people want to use mounts, go for it. To me the suppressor brake mounts are long, relatively useless piece of metal permanently attached to my barrel that I don't want. You want a real brake, get a Gen 3 Bastard and put it on when you don't have the suppressor on. It's self-timing, so it's not burdensome to install if you want it.

two of my rifles came with that brake.

LOL ill order some mounts for the bolt guns.
Besides the ASR mounts, do you suggest a different mounting system?

Skip the ASR, KeyMo is better and you will need it anyway for the Sandman. I have used the ASR a bit but it really isn't much of an improvement over direct thread except that it locks. However if you don't lock it right then you can get a baffle strike and send your can downrange so not really worth it in my opinion when better options are available.

One thing to consider with suppressor mounts is weight and length. The keymo attachment is quite heavy and is generally not figured into the weight of the suppressor in the advertisements. I.E. dead air advertises suppressor weight with the DT attachment. The keymo and keymo back end add quite a bit of weight and some length. Same applies for the ASR. One of the lightest and most compact is the Q cherry bomb and the Griffin taper mount.