First time suppressor owner

ofl0926

Hello everyone. First time suppressor owner and I just received it. I purchase a Siencerco Omega 30. I know I have the option of direct thread or using a muzzle brake. I have three custom rifles cambered in 6.5PRC, 300wsm and 7wsm. I would like to run it on three long guns. I have read that POI can change with suppressors. Just want to know which option is the best for these type of rifles. These are dedicated hunting rifles. thank you

My buddy recommended these to me so I just bought 2 of them to make it easier switching back & forth. My Omega36m is still in jail so I haven't got to try out the setup, but it seems extremely simple & versatile!…..How many months did it take to get your Omega30?

If you're going to be moving it around I recommend getting mounts for all 3. I have a different can, the POI is different between can on and can off, but the important thing is that it's always the same with the can on. Meaning no matter how many times I put the can on or off, when it's on it hits the same spot.

My buddy recommended these to me so I just bought 2 of them to make it easier switching back & forth. My Omega36m is still in jail so I haven't got to try out the setup, but it seems extremely simple & versatile!…..How many months did it take to get your Omega30?

from December till last week. That was my waiting period.
yeah I was looking at those options as well.

If you're going to be moving it around I recommend getting mounts for all 3. I have a different can, the POI is different between can on and can off, but the important thing is that it's always the same with the can on. Meaning no matter how many times I put the can on or off, when it's on it hits the same spot.

copy that.
I also have a sandman S in jail right now. Don't know if I want to bounce around the omega or sandman S. I would also want to run one those two on my two SBRs. Debating on how to set everything up

copy that.
I also have a sandman S in jail right now. Don't know if I want to bounce around the omega or sandman S. I would also want to run one those two on my two SBRs. Debating on how to set everything up
I'm debating all the options as well! In your same boat exactly! Those ASRs are expensive but seems like a slick option for keeping my firearms braked & suppressed. Such a beautiful dilemma!

I run 1 suppressor on everything. 223, 22-250, 243, 6.5 Creedmoor its direct thread i swap it around all the time and have zero issues with poi changing evrytime I put the can back on. Obviously it changes poi if shooting without the can on but i dont think Ive pulled the trigger on one of my rifles without the suppresor on in 5 years. No experience with a brake mount but I'm not unhappy with my setup.

Hello everyone. First time suppressor owner and I just received it. I purchase a Siencerco Omega 30. I know I have the option of direct thread or using a muzzle brake. I have three custom rifles cambered in 6.5PRC, 300wsm and 7wsm. I would like to run it on three long guns. I have read that POI can change with suppressors. Just want to know which option is the best for these type of rifles. These are dedicated hunting rifles. thank you
I have one rimfire can already the ATF just cashed my $200 check on my most recent purchase which is a silencer co-omega 30 the exact can you purchased great minds think a like and it is the most popular selling can right now

I would suggest running the Area 419 setup. It might be a pricey option but it is the best setup to switch between a suppressor and muzzle brake. I have this setup for my Omega and TB Ultra as well.

I have both direct thread and muzzle devices. I will say that the taper, whether it is the Q Cherry Bomb, Griffin Taper mount, TBAC CB, or the ASR, is more effective at keeping the brake on and tight than direct thread. I have had the DT come loose after a few shots multiple times. The DT coming loose is probably due to loose threads on the muzzle of the rifle but it still happened and I've never had that happen with my Cherry Bomb breaks. Now, breaks are loud, so if you ever plan on shooting without the silencer then I would recommend either DT or a blast shield.

I would get the brakes/QD. Yeah you can just use direct thread and be fine, but if I'm hiking I usually take the suppressor off due to the extra length then slap it back on when I'm ready. With the QD/brake you're threads are protected, to me that's the most important aspect of having the QD/brake.. even at home while I'm not shooting, anything can happen, rifle slides down a wall or something gets bumped and falls. We've all been there/done that. So at least the threads are safe.

I forgot to add, and 112savage makes an EXCELLENT point, direct thread suppressors, can and will work loose. That adds a whole other world of problems