First time past 1,000 yards

Creedmoor shooter

Finally decided I was ready to go out past 1,000 yards. Shooting my 6.5 creed with a 140 eld-m on too of 41 grains of rl-17 launched at 2828 fps. I took a couple shots at 755 yards to make sure my elevation was good and to figure out my wind. Once I got that I sent a round out to 1348 yards and made a hit first try. Then the wind picked up and I spent 2 more rounds hitting the target but not center. Then i got my wind hold figured out and stacked 2 one on top of the other in the center. Took a break to let the barrel cool and launched a few at 1454 yards. That's when things started to get tricky, but I did land a hit on the 4th or 5th round. Let's just say I'm hooked on elr now! Cant wait to get my bigger 7mm built as that will be more suited for those ranges.
20180709_180412.jpg

That's awesome! I just broke 1000 yards last Saturday. Got out to 1079. It's so much fun.

Great shooting lane! Nice mtns. in the background too.
The powerlines are the only place that I am able to shoot that far here in NH. As far as I know, that's the only place here in my town that is able to for 1 see that far and 2 be able to shoot there. It's a pain in the butt to get there though. Ever seen a guy with a heavy rifle strapped on his back and a range bag across his front on a dirt bike going up a mountain? :)

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.