First time Long Range Rifle

Your right about that ..................it a super caliber. My buddy went with a .280 Ackley...........Cooper. She shoots the 140gr TTSX

I shoot a .243 Ackley 105 Berger...................we both have new rifles and have yet to take anything with them..................but both are super accurate shooting rifles ...............................

Your right about that ..................it a super caliber. My buddy went with a .280 Ackley...........Cooper. She shoots the 140gr TTSX

I shoot a .243 Ackley 105 Berger...................we both have new rifles and have yet to take anything with them..................but both are super accurate shooting rifles ...............................

So he went from all that talk about a plain stock gun to a 280AI Cooper??? That's a huge step! Most likely the right step but a huge one.

I dont think he really new what he wanted as far as looks go but he did want an accurate rifle. His Savage was not shooting really well but then his loads were crap from what I was seeing. So far he had not loaded for it and will be shooting the Factory Barnes ammunition........................we will see.

He put a new Vortex Razor scope on it..............................

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.