First time at this . Round 300 rum

Maina

I just need a little direction do not want to mess this up trying to do my research . I got a book today trying to put this puzzle together any help would be great.
230 GR Match Hybrid Target . Powder it looks like Retumbo . I will stay with Remington brass . Again my gun is a 300 ultra mag long range

I started going over this today
Also need to get this I only want to order what I need to do this right . Thanks for any help

Looking at Redding big boss 2
Rcbs charge master disp/scale combo
Rcbs hand priming tool
Neck turner. ?
Chamfer tool ?
If I'm of or wrong please chime in

I would look into the Rockchucker Supreme reloading kit. It will get you out of the gate with most things you will need. gun) ....................... :)

Yes.....For my 300RUM I use the Type S Match Die Set in the Rockchucker press. I shoot the 208 A-Max, my gun really likes them and they are very cost effective. I DO use the 230 HyBreds in a different gun and I find them easy to be not fussy with seating.

H-1000 I am sure will work. I use Retumbo, it is a bit slower burning. I hear good things about Reloader 33 but I have not tried it myself.

Maina, slow down you are going to hyper ventilate. You are already spending a lot of money that is not necessary. For example the electric scale and powder charge. What's the rush? When you get your rifle back enjoy it for awhile. Get some Level 1 Remington ammo( About $35 a box) and have some fun. You will need the brass later. You may decide you do not like it or find you have a real winner. I do not think anybody has mentioned a good recoil pad. It does not cost much and at my age I like the softer things in life.

youll be glad you started reloading , brass is gonna be the hard part for this caliber

i havent tried the h1000 yet, i have great results with retumbo

Get some Level 1 Remington ammo( About $35 a box) and have some fun. You will need the brass later
ill second this , get as many as you can afford

any press will work, id shop local classifieds for a week or two , sometimes they throw all that other little stuff you need in with the deal,

Reloading can be fun. I agree with everyone but I will add the RCBS charge master I think was one of the best additions to my reloading equiptment. I have used only once the hornady charge dispencers and it worked really well also. Redding dies I like the most out of the brands I have tried. If you can catch a sale on one of the press kits then that is a good way to start. I have often wonder what the accuracy is on the powder thrower can be. Can they get within .1 grains consistently like the charge master. I don't know. But it looks like you are off to a really good start with good equiptment.

Maina, slow down you are going to hyper ventilate. You are already spending a lot of money that is not necessary. For example the electric scale and powder charge. What's the rush? When you get your rifle back enjoy it for awhile. Get some Level 1 Remington ammo( About $35 a box) and have some fun. You will need the brass later. You may decide you do not like it or find you have a real winner. I do not think anybody has mentioned a good recoil pad. It does not cost much and at my age I like the softer things in life.
+1

take it easy... plowing $$ in isn't going to make the rifle shoot something it doesn't like. You need a press, dies (Basic fl dies will do), a scale, caliper, and trim gauge (or caliper). You can ram prime on many presses and the trimmer is necessary but only if your lengths are not uniform and/or long. I'd either get a few boxes of ammo and shoot them for the brass or find a 50 or rem brass and load something mild to get used to the rifle and break her in. I'd then go straight to rl33 and 225-230 grain bullets if your rifle shoots them well.

I know the charge master is a great tool, however, aren't you using the balance scale to check it? Therefore, starting out get the balance beam scale. Then if you enjoy reloading and do enough shooting go to the charge master. Still use the beam to make sure it is throwing the correct weight.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.