First time at this . Round 300 rum

Yea can't I buy brass ? Think I saw Norma brass by the 100 count. Yea I know I will like reloading . I really would like to get top stuff for this and get it one time . I would like to keep it at $1000.00 . So it looks like my new LR shooting / hunting will be around $4000.00 . Cheaper than a bass boat lol

Yea can't I buy brass ? Think I saw Norma brass by the 100 count. Yea I know I will like reloading . I really would like to get top stuff for this and get it one time . I would like to keep it at $1000.00 . So it looks like my new LR shooting / hunting will be around $4000.00 . Cheaper than a bass boat lol

a lot of us are using rem brass. You need to buy factories and tickle the trigger for rem brass at present...
Nosler and Norma are there, but more expensive for what you are getting...

Mania,
Its best to learn how to crawl, walk, then run if you know what I mean. Do you have anyone you know or anyone at the range that you trust that will/can mentor you? If not you may want to go to the NRA website and see if there are any certified NRA instructors giving classes in your area you can attend just to get your feet wet. If none of the above , suggest you get " The ABCs of Reloading 9th edition", Glen Zedikers "Handloading for Competition and IF you can find one get a copy of Sinclair Internationals "Precision Reloading &Shooting Handbook 10th edition. The BERGER Bullet reloading manual has some great articles and information in the beginning chapters on reloading also. Start there first before you jump so you dont get overwhelmed. Which is very easy to do in this game if you are new. Be safe and welcome aboard!

Mania,
Its best to learn how to crawl, walk, then run if you know what I mean. Do you have anyone you know or anyone at the range that you trust that will/can mentor you? If not you may want to go to the NRA website and see if there are any certified NRA instructors giving classes in your area you can attend just to get your feet wet. If none of the above , suggest you get " The ABCs of Reloading 9th edition", Glen Zedikers "Handloading for Competition and IF you can find one get a copy of Sinclair Internationals "Precision Reloading &Shooting Handbook 10th edition. The BERGER Bullet reloading manual has some great articles and information in the beginning chapters on reloading also. Start there first before you jump so you dont get overwhelmed. Which is very easy to do in this game if you are new. Be safe and welcome aboard!
I have a friend that has reloaded for 30 years

I have a friend that has reloaded for 30 years
Maina,
Perfect! You may want to get with him and have him teach you the basics and discuss equipment you may need for what you want to do . Also observe what equipment he uses/has. Then make a list. You will find as you go along that there are many ways to do an operation and many tools that do the same thing. Pick the ones that fit your needs and make sense to you. And when you ask someones advice on a tool or way of doing something ask "why", don't argue, just take what you want or need and leave the rest. When buying tools and equipment the best advice is "cry once".
Get with your friend and start to make your list . Then bring it here. There is lots of experience here to help you with good suggestions and advice. And slow down ! Rome wasn't built in a day! lol !!

Cry once .... I like that ! My make up is not to be slow haha ! It has never worked for me . But I do my home work , learn from the best don't buy junk and it always works out . Out of all the shooting sites I picked this one as the one to get help . Thanks guys !

I will just say this....Back when I didn't know nearly as much about this stuff as I do now it seemed really easy. (I also did not shoot near the hotrods that I do now.)

Steve

Cry once .... I like that ! My make up is not to be slow haha ! It has never worked for me . But I do my home work , learn from the best don't buy junk and it always works out . Out of all the shooting sites I picked this one as the one to get help . Thanks guys !
Mania,
This is a great time to work on patience! lol !! You will find it pays big dividends at the bench and at the range! Have a great weekend!
RockyMtnMT,
Remember when going shooting meant putting a 50 round box in your pocket. Grabbing the rifle and heading out the door? What have we ALL done to ourselves!! LOL !!

Started with the 30-06 and a reloading manual. Used loads that fit the mag and powder in the load manual. They always shot better than factory. I also rarely shot past 300 yards.

Steve

Started with the 30-06 and a reloading manual. Used loads that fit the mag and powder in the load manual. They always shot better than factory. I also rarely shot past 300 yards.

Steve
I started with a Savage 12 in .223. Figured if I blew that up I wouldn't cry as much as if it was a Remington or Winchester. Still have that rifle and all 10 fingers lol !!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.