First time antelope hunt

I moved from Alaska to Wyoming in 1994 and had never seen an antelope. I drew a tag in 1995 and shot my first buck with a pistol at 80 yards. Since that time I have taken several antelope out to about 500 yards. They are my favorite animal to hunt, because they are active throughout the day. Lots of good advice on this thread. I would only add using light jacket bullets as mentioned by Lenny Foffa. They are easy to kill.

We always hunt whitetail so already have good ammo for the hunt. A friend locally said he was able to get one with his bow at 60 yards last year but he regularly had 100-200 yard opportunities just didnt draw a rifle tag. My son will be hunting with a .243 with a FFP 4-12x44. Thank you all for the help. Hope we don't have to take a 500 yard plus shot. Under 300 would be ideal. Guess we will wait and see.

We always hunt whitetail so already have good ammo for the hunt. A friend locally said he was able to get one with his bow at 60 yards last year but he regularly had 100-200 yard opportunities just didnt draw a rifle tag. My son will be hunting with a .243 with a FFP 4-12x44. Thank you all for the help. Hope we don't have to take a 500 yard plus shot. Under 300 would be ideal. Guess we will wait and see.
Getting to 300 is not usually a problem. Last year a friend of mine spotted his buck at 280 yards he slipped back to the next hill and shot it at just over 450 yards. Have fun, that is what hunting is all about.