First time @ 1000 yds.

wasskeet

Well, didn't go as well as I might have liked - but they tell me not bad. First group 5-shots 25.0xx. Second 16.368". At least all on paper both times. Gent/coach that invited me - I'll post his 10 shot group as it is pretty impressive. It is to me anyway.

Attachments

• 3CFB30AF-9DBA-4B68-B6C9-EAE93A65DEF5.jpeg
    3CFB30AF-9DBA-4B68-B6C9-EAE93A65DEF5.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 396
Well, didn't go as well as I might have liked - but they tell me not bad. First group 5-shots 25.0xx. Second 16.368". At least all on paper both times. Gent/coach that invited me - I'll post his 10 shot group as it is pretty impressive. It is to me anyway.
What were you shooting and what was this shooters firearm? Caliber/Stock/scope???

I was shooting a Bergara Ridge .300 PRC w/ Sightron STAC 4-20x50. My friend a custom BAT actioned 6 BRDX w/ NF 12-42. Factory class for me, heavy varmint for him.
At Hawk's Ridge Gun Club in Ferguson, NC. Some serious shooters & shooting irons up here.
Great job!!!
Keep it up
It's very addicting, next look at ELR - that will really wet your whistle! Nothing more exciting than watching a 300gr bullet trail. arc up into the air, and drop into a 2,000yrd+ target!

Last edited:
Great job!!!
Keep it up
It's very addicting, next look at ELR - that will really wet your whistle! Nothing more exciting than watching a 300gr bullet trail. arc up into the air, and drop into a 2,000yrd+ target!
Thanks! I better get more comfortable at 1000 first LOL. My first probably would have been better - two things probably hurt. One - putting 10 shots down range (5 sighters and 5 on target) in 8 minutes. Probably as hot as I have ever gotten a barrel. I should have taken more of the allotted time and Two - I know I pulled one shot. One on the first was out of the score, probably 12 inches from the next closest. On the second group, I felt good about all five and slowed down a little. At least I felt pretty decent about my loads as my vertical was only 4" - I expect I can thank A&D for that. The horizontal - I expect that was mostly me.

In retrospect, pretty interesting day. Stayed around for the shoot offs. Wind had gotten up quite a bit. Found out how much wind can affect the 6BR and like cartridges - a couple guys having had sub MOA groups didn't even put one out of 5 on the target. May not be Montana/Wyoming, but wind does crazy things in the foothills on NC.

I think that's fantastic. Good job! Especially since at that range and with a 20 power scope, you'd essentially be covering the entire target with your reticle.

And a high-five to a fellow 300 PRC owner! May Hornady never run low on ammo again, may more manufacturers start producing the cartridge, and may large rifle magnum primers flow like the Niagara falls!

Recent Posts