First stand of the year...

1tonpower

Last night I find out I have today off so I make plains with my self and inform the muma that I'll be going out hunting first thing in the morning. The alarm goes off at 5 and the dog is whining go to out. I bring her to the side door only to see its raining hard. I decide to go back to ben for a few hours to give it time to blow off.

6:30 rolls around and the sun is just starting to come out, i get ready as fast as I can. Grabbing onlyy rifle and camo jacket. The rest of my shooing gear is in the truck.
I head down to my spot, an old over grown cranberry bog. 300 yards long shot for that area. As I'm making my way to a good hide I see fresh dog tracks in the sand. They had to have been less then an hour old. I continue walking to my hide, banking along the wood line with good cover all around. I take time to range a few land make and then begin to call using a mouth call. No more then 45secs into calling I see him runngimg up to a high spot. He stops and is standing there 280 yards out. Shocked as to how fast it happen I get him in the scope. Cross hairs holding steady on his shoulder, then I make a mistake that will never let happen again, I reach up to turn the power of the scope up a little, gettin hi back in the scope in time to see him walking beind some small line trees. I waited a 20mins before moving and never saw home again..

My tip you to... If you have time to hold steady on him.. Shoot! Dont zoom in for a closer look

0DB96A66-E920-4A8F-B47A-63DF3CC30DD6-2180-00000359628965D1.jpg

Well I connected with one. Just over 200 yards. 243 shooting 87vmax. I was set up on the same bog but on the opposite side of my first stand due to the wind. 20 minuets after sunrise I start calling with diaphragm call. A few minutes after I stop calling i see him standing there.. One shot and it was over

New england coyote. He
Had a nice full coat. It would have made a nice wall hanger if it wasn't
For the 4 inch hole on the other side:)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.