First puppy in a decade

Benji came home tonight for dinner!

Attachments

• Benji.jpg
    Benji.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 37
Back home. He was a rock star at the airport and on the plane.
Already house trained. This is one smart dog.
Have a 6 month old kitten here too -- they are sparring partners and use each other as punching bags. It's hilarious.
He's gained 2.5 lbs in the past 9 days.
He got too frisky with our 100 lb golden, who promptly put him in his place. That line has been established.
Only downside is he has some hotspots that may be from the mites that cause mange. I'm going ahead and treating him for that.
Ivermectin topical, fipronil flea treatment. Will see.
Of course, the vet is booked out until the 18th....

You are a good hearted man and glad you shared your story for us to gain that joy you are experiencing.

Puppies and kids bring so much joy and love to EVERYONE'S life! My son just got new lab pup and is now "mine" in my heart! Its double down when playing with grandkids and new puppy at same time! No matter what your problems are, they just seem to melt away! The sounds of kids laughter and puppy yelping (learning to bark!) are etched into your soul. I watched one granddaughter lay her head on his body as they both took short nap and wow! You just know this is what is still right in our crappy world right now.
IMG_9510.jpeg
IMG_9511.jpeg

Back home. He was a rock star at the airport and on the plane.
Already house trained. This is one smart dog.
Have a 6 month old kitten here too -- they are sparring partners and use each other as punching bags. It's hilarious.
He's gained 2.5 lbs in the past 9 days.
He got too frisky with our 100 lb golden, who promptly put him in his place. That line has been established.
Only downside is he has some hotspots that may be from the mites that cause mange. I'm going ahead and treating him for that.
Ivermectin topical, fipronil flea treatment. Will see.
Of course, the vet is booked out until the 18th....
That is GREAT! Love hearing a good story.
Glad to hear Black Beard is doing well.
I have been doing my own "Veterinarian Care" for many years. Could not afford with all the animals had and currently have. For the Hotspots get some "Gentamicin Sulfate" Spray. It works wonders! You probably need a Prescription for it. If you call your Vet they may sell you a bottle without paying for a Office Visit.