First PCP

I've been following this one. How did it work out? Are you happy with the Venturi as far as the loudness and speed to refill? Would you have bought anything different, or are you happy you went this route??
I have a chance to buy a Marauder in .22 for $300. I work with the guy, and he has shot it about 100 times. He just got tired of it and wants to sell it. He is more of a firearms guy.
I have several springers (RWS M34, and a few cheapies), but I was really interested in the Marauder. I just don't want the hand pump.
Well.....it hasn't worked out yet. I ordered the Dreamline and compressor on the 29th of Jan. I ordered from Airgun depot. They said it would be mid March before they would be in stock. I read the reviews on the Air Venturi on Airgun depot. Out of 5 reviews 4 gave it 5 stars and 1 gave it 1 star. I got on you tube and they praised it. I know that just about every review you get a sour grape in the bunch. However, I checked Pyamyd Air. They have 29 reviews on Air Venturi Nomad 11. 1@1 star, 5@4 star, and 23@ 5 star. I think I'll take the gamble. Mike

Seems like a solid compressor. As you said, there's always someone who doesn't like something. A lot of them have been sold, and I would think the unhappy buyers would be quick to post their negatives whereas people that are happy with them might not say anything. I would not hesitate to try and buy one.

Seems like a solid compressor. As you said, there's always someone who doesn't like something. A lot of them have been sold, and I would think the unhappy buyers would be quick to post their negatives whereas people that are happy with them might not say anything. I would not hesitate to try and buy one.
I couldn't agree more. Now for the long wait. Mike

I shoot a Condor SS 22 cal, have a large scuba tank and the kids got me a Venturi 4500 psi compressor for Christmas. The compressor is fine in all ways. Quiet, went from 2000 to 4500 psi in the tank in about 30 minutes. The thing stayed cool the whole time and to my old ears is super quiet.

I've filled the scuba tank only once since I got the compressor.

The sad part is that the local fire department charges nothing to fill my tank. Could have used that money for another super hooty air gun.....

The convenience in the compressor is that family members are getting the air gun craze..

I run a Leuy Mk-IV 4.5-14 LRT with the TS-32x reticle. Between that reticle and Strelok iPhone shooting solution the range gets extended quite a ways.

Hey Roy; it's been along time. The last time we posted I believe we were discussing the Win. 270. That's good to hear about the compressor. Glad you like yours, I think I'll like mine also. That Condor is supposed to be one powerful rifle. What pellets are you using? On a calm breezeless day what kind of range can you expect to hit a pigeon? Mike

I launch 14.3s at 1050
18.1s at 1050
22.1s at 980
These are accuracy vels not max

I burn so many shots that the $5.85/500 Walmart tins are my goto pellet. Dry accurate except for the ones that don't seat firmly.

The 14.3s make a wind reader out of a fella.

Longest pigeon shot is 103 yards. Pretty deadly in the 100 yard range.

Longest BarNecks dove shot is 106 yards.

Longest starling shot is 83 yards.

An shoot 3/4 MOA @ 100 Win he AirArms 22.1s all day. Same with Crossman Primier 14.3a except for the fliers.

That's some good shooting Roy. Crossman are hard to beat. The FX I'm going to get is supposed to like 16 gr. JSBs. It seems like all FX models like the JSBs 16 & 18 gr. I'm just wondering if they're in cahoots together. One of the reasons I'm getting this model FX is all the change ability. You can get different stocks, barrels, and they're supposed to release slug liners for it later this year. I've watched on You Tube some South African boys shoot slugs with pretty regular hits at 150 yds. [email protected] per hundred it takes the fun out of it. Speaking of no fun, waiting until mid March for the rifle is one thing now I learned the compressor is back-ordered till mid May! Mike

I think the JSB pills shoot well as a general rule. They seem to be the standard by which others are measured. I know three shot groups are meaningless for air rifles but I had to quit before I messed it up. I had 3 JSBs in a group the size of a ladybug at 30 yards!

EinJun or however it's spelled, were designed, so I read, for the Lothar-Walther choked bbls.

They are by far the most consistent that I've shot. Had to fab a leather patch on the thumb of my right fingerless glove to seat them. Thumb still got tender. Too pricey for general shooting.

Along with the rifle and compressor I ordered Air Arms 18gr. H&N Barracuda Hunter Extreme 18.51 gr. JSB Jumbo 15.89 and Jumbo Heavy 18.13 gr. I looked on Airgun Depot and the Crossman are going for $9.59 to 9.99. I think I'll check Walmart. Mike

Good ol Wally world.

Checkout the Huben K1 Mk2 - the guy had as much trouble with it as I've had with my Condor SS. Only one more mod and she'll be perfect. Yeah right!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts