First one hole group ever!!

Michael Eichele

The rifle range, or archery range or behind the co
After 8+ years of trying, I have finally shot my very first 1 hole group (must have flinched just right), unfourtunatly it was only a 3 shot group. Had it been 5 it really would have been somthing. When I say 1 hole I meen 1 30 cal. hole. My previous best was .190 On rare occasions I have put 2 throuh the same hole but never 3. An interesting side note is this was my first real experiance with the 178 AMAX. Maybee this is a taste of things to come?? Several other load test groups shot sub 1/2" and one other group shot .250" All at 100 yards

42.0 gr RL-15, 178 AMAX @ 2.830" Fire formed, neck turned and neck sized only Lapua 308 cases. Factory Remington 24" heavy 11.25 twist rifle w/McMillan M40A1 stock.
grin.gif

[ 10-20-2003: Message edited by: Michael Eichele ]

Michael,
Are we to understand that you shot three consecutive rounds into a space so small that the end result was a hole with which it is difficuly or even impossible to discern that more than one shot splashed through the target at that point? Are you saying that you shot a group that measured 0.000"?!?!?

Dave

Thats Great!
I have one bullet that weights 250gr for my 338 Rem Ultra Mag. When ever I shoot it all bullets go in same hole it makes me think that I'm missing the target so I put one shot
next to the place I've been shooting to clarify all my bullets are going to the same hole. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Its allways fun to shoot your first one holer! I had a 6ppc years ago, i had one group that measured .006 five shots. Too bad it wasn't during a match, would of been a record at that time. I made lots of money betting guys with it, i could kill flys at 100yards...little bit of over kill. There would be a faint sign of red around the hole, proved i hit the fly...problem was hoping the fly didn't move. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Wow,

Someone was reading from the old archives!!!

Yes it was a taste of good things to come. I have had very good luck with the AMAX bullets in the 2 years I have used them now. Several types and in several rifles. Havent duplicated that one hole group, but my buddy tried to convince me that I had missed not only the target with the other 2 bullets, but the whole box my target was taped to as well. A few days later, I took some rounds loaded the same way to 300 yards and fired a 3 shot group, the first group fired scince the 1 holer and it shot .341" at 300 yards! Needless to say my buddy shut up about missing the other 2! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.