First Nosler Brass

4bycamper

Just got my first batch of Nosler 7mm Rem Mag brass ( 50 ).
Very favorably impressed with the quality of prep, all champhered and trimmed to same length. The weights ran from 231.4 grains to 232.4 grains with most around 231.9.
There were only 2 pieces of brass at the minimum weight and 2 pieces at the high end.
All in all I'm pleased with the purchase despite the cost.

This should go well with the new McGowen #4 barrel that I ordered for this rifle. :D

JM .02

Hope you have as good of luck with the 7mm Rem as I have had with the Nosler 280AI brass that I have ordered - very satisfied. The only thing I wish I would have done different is to order a larger quantity on the first purchase as the 2nd and 3rd time I ordered you obviously get brass from different lot runs and there is a bigger difference between the lots although each lot is very consisitent. Good luck.

Hope you have as good of luck with the 7mm Rem as I have had with the Nosler 280AI brass that I have ordered - very satisfied. The only thing I wish I would have done different is to order a larger quantity on the first purchase as the 2nd and 3rd time I ordered you obviously get brass from different lot runs and there is a bigger difference between the lots although each lot is very consisitent. Good luck.

Thanks Cowboy.
I'll get to loading as soon as I can find some powder for sale. :D

I tried nosler in my 260. I couldn't use my bushing die to get any neck tension at all. I had to full length everytime.

I've used the Nosler Brass in my 308 and found it to be outstanding brass. It's only on it's second loading, so time will tell of its longevity. Out of 100 pieces I only culled about 3. With the remaining 97 it is shooting in the .2-.3's. I also picked up some Lapua for this same 308 and ended up culling a lot more pieces. The groups opened up into the .4's as well. The only thing I'll have to wait and see is the longevity of the Nosler, but as of now, that is what is working best for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts