First Mule Deer hunt

I wonder what your gear ratio is in the Rebel. Be sure and check that before you buy a new one. All our 3/4 and 1 ton Cummings get around 17-20-- except the 4500. 2012 crew cab 4x4. It gets 11 empty and 8 loaded. It's been tuned and deleted. But man will that thing pull! I been 50k gross weight and it 'll go faster than I want to!

I wonder what your gear ratio is in the Rebel. Be sure and check that before you buy a new one. All our 3/4 and 1 ton Cummings get around 17-20-- except the 4500. 2012 crew cab 4x4. It gets 11 empty and 8 loaded. It's been tuned and deleted. But man will that thing pull! I been 50k gross weight and it 'll go faster than I want to!
The Rebel has a 3.92 gear ratio. All the other RAM 1500s are 3.21. Either way, I am nearly certain I am going back to a Diesel and will do a delete and tune like my last one. I had 35s - Nittos - on that truck, but will likely go with 33s on the new 2500.

Yep!--gear ratio makes a big difference in mileage! You gotta love the Cummings! I hope I am never without at least one or two! Pretty sad that your Cherokee probably gets better mileage than your new truck!

I was not a believer, but got this a few months ago. Basically, it improves the acceleration in 3 modes. However, for long trips on the highway in eco mode, I went from getting 13mpg in my 2014 Raptor to 17mpg, it's worth a try Pedal Commander - PC78 for Ram trucks (2019 and newer for 5th Gen. Trucks) Fits Body Style: 1500, 2500 | Throttle Response Controller with Bluetooth https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CMBWDN6/?tag=lrhmag19-20
Was just looking at that for my Tahoe. Thanks for the detail.

The Rebel has a 3.92 gear ratio. All the other RAM 1500s are 3.21. Either way, I am nearly certain I am going back to a Diesel and will do a delete and tune like my last one. I had 35s - Nittos - on that truck, but will likely go with 33s on the new 2500.
I've 2019 with off road package 3.92 rear. Pulled cargo trailer to wyoming and back. Average 10 mpg. Got nitto 33's average 17 everyday driving

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.