First hunting round from my new LR Hunting rifle

badaboom

Put the rifle together back like in Mid June 2013.
Dialed in round testing, shot two matches, Fired about 300 rounds prior to hunting, then to the mountains for elk November 2013.

Results single round fired - 7MMRM 180 Berger VLD hunting.
Confirmed kill 524 yards hit in bread basket, animal went 40-70 yards to fall to ground - DOA.
This is hiking in the field shot off pack.

elk_down.jpg

Rifle_setup_badlands_pack.jpg

Great work! I get my first opportunity this weekend on some deer. I'm shooting a 7RM also, but with the 168 Berger's. I hope to have a positive report like you! Thanks for posting.

That is a great shot under field conditions with a pack for a rest! very nice rifle. Bet you were feeling no pressure at all with that shot. :)

Great pics. Love the detail on the rifle stock. Who says a rifle can't be businesslike and look good at the same time? Very well kitted out with field equipment. Like the gators and boots combo. What pack is that?

The backpack is a badlands I believe 2200, This model is a good 5 years old and has a fold over upper pack center compartment storm flap that creates a rifle rest in the top center section of the pack. - Functioned well.

Excellent! Tough to beat success. I like the look of that rig as well. Tell me about he barrel? 26? What taper? Looks a bit lighter than a sendero taper maybe a light varmint taper?

Its all the good stuff...

Barrel - Kreiger 26 1/2", 5.5 sporter contour fluted
with/plus Holland brake 1x9 twist.
Cerakote - Tarjac green
Stiller predator action
Farrell single piece mounts 20 moa
NF Ultralite rings
NF 5.5x22x50 MOAR reticle scope
Jewell trigger
McMillan A3-5 adjustable stock
12.5 ish weight

Last edited:
Well here is some of the end game......
Jalapeno Cheddar beer brats 25# for starters

Meat_bowl.jpg

Rick_grind1.jpg

Rick_sausage.jpg

Sausage.jpg

OH SO GOOOOOOOOOOOD !!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.