First hunt out west/ reasonable price

Joe270

Pennsylvania dude Looking for reccomendations on doing my first hunt out west. Would love to go elk hunting or mule deer. Anybody have a good guide service or outfitter they reccomend. I'm not cheap just would like a really good first hunt. Which state would you guys reccomend? Thanks, Joe

For a guaranteed hunt not kill, I would go to New Mexico with an outfitter who has land owner tags. It is not cheap, but you don't have to play the points game as with most western states.

I have hunted with this outfitter numerous times and in my opinion he is one of the better ones.

Keith Williams
928-242-0105

For a guaranteed hunt not kill, I would go to New Mexico with an outfitter who has land owner tags. It is not cheap, but you don't have to play the points game as with most western states.

I have hunted with this outfitter numerous times and in my opinion he is one of the better ones.

Keith Williams
928-242-0105

I message him thank you

Also from pa I've planned for years to just go out prairie dog hunting and get a doe tag or whatever is available and fill it while making contacts and hopefully leave knowing what to do with a bull/buck tag the next year. Every year something stupid happens to delay it.

Also from pa I've planned for years to just go out prairie dog hunting and get a doe tag or whatever is available and fill it while making contacts and hopefully leave knowing what to do with a bull/buck tag the next year. Every year something stupid happens to delay it.

Isn't life a bummer? O, wait a minute. The alternative is unacceptable.

Enjoy your hunting.

Colorado Premier Outfitters keep a pretty high success rate and hunt on a mix of private and public land.

Pennsylvania dude Looking for reccomendations on doing my first hunt out west. Would love to go elk hunting or mule deer. Anybody have a good guide service or outfitter they reccomend. I'm not cheap just would like a really good first hunt. Which state would you guys reccomend? Thanks, Joe

If you tell us a bit about you, and what kind of hunt you're looking for an what kind of budget you're working with it'll help a lot.

There are lot of different kinds of elk hunts to make your choices from. Generally speaking the more money you lay out the easier the hunt is and the bigger the animal you can expect to have a chance at.

If you really want to experience elk hunting then go public land and on your own. Way different world than ranch hunts..........

I'm not rich but willing to pay for a good experience. Would like to have a good success rate but not super easy willing to hike. I'm 33 and in decent shape. I guess I don't want to waste thousands of dollars and come home empty handed.

I'm not rich but willing to pay for a good experience. Would like to have a good success rate but not super easy willing to hike. I'm 33 and in decent shape. I guess I don't want to waste thousands of dollars and come home empty handed.
Just remember, you're hutting wild, free ranging game and there's no guarantee you'll come home with a trophy or even meat.

The best a good outfitter can do is promise to give you a chance.

I would start off by contacting past customers of who you are interested in. All reputable outfitters should have a list. Ask them all the questions you have. No outfitter is going to guarantee a kill. Most will guarantee a shot opportunity, that's it. We have no control over your shooting ability, physical fitness, hunting ability, or what you feel is a trophy animal. We have had customers in the past who had shot opportunity every day. Some have fired 20-30 rounds and are unable to connect . Some cannot walk 20 yards uphill, some sound like a freight train in the woods. Some are great hunters as well. Do your homework before you spend your hard earned dollar.