First hunt out west/ reasonable price

FYI you're hunting on public lands with Mr Carr. Went with him in 2017 I believe. Record rain that October since 1955. That of course has nothing to do with the outfitter.
I've hunted with Cody in 2018, my partner has hunter every year since with them. I didn't kill an elk but I had one of the best hunts I've ever been on. Eric our guide is now a good friend. He literally took the week and it became a crash course on hunting elk in the mountains. We harvested mule deer bucks. What I learned there has changed me. I got in the best shape of my life since then and I'm planning on going back with them this year. Ton of guides and outfitters take you on public land (even ones with "land owner tags" who's land borders public). We had no trouble finding elk or deer and wasn't pressured. To the OP, if you don't mind a DIY look at some Colorado units. Nothing replaces being physically fit and able to get around on the mountain.

I've hunted with Cody in 2018, my partner has hunter every year since with them. I didn't kill an elk but I had one of the best hunts I've ever been on. Eric our guide is now a good friend. He literally took the week and it became a crash course on hunting elk in the mountains. We harvested mule deer bucks. What I learned there has changed me. I got in the best shape of my life since then and I'm planning on going back with them this year. Ton of guides and outfitters take you on public land (even ones with "land owner tags" who's land borders public). We had no trouble finding elk or deer and wasn't pressured. To the OP, if you don't mind a DIY look at some Colorado units. Nothing replaces being physically fit and able to get around on the mountain.
Except maybe a couple of good mules.😄