First Father Son Antelope Hunt

Why did you have to be an *** in that response, especially on Christmas when all I tried to do is let others know what the law is along public roads and I can read just fine, including your post that was misleading at best and your response is still incorrect! You mentioned the 30' limitation to shoot legally and a fence post that the GW supposedly mentioned was good for you to shoot off of. If the fence was anywhere in the vicinity of a public road and paralleling the road it's the "right of way fence" described in that C/P from the Regulation. You have to be outside of it and can't use a post to shoot across it whether it's 30' or 60'! How in the Flock from your post were we supposed to figure out that it wasn't a right of way post when you mentioned all fences were 30' or more from a road and then that supposed conversation with the GW which sounds like it was made just trying to contradict my post. In conclusion, no need for you to have a hissy fit when someone just tries to clarify what the law is on something so that nobody gets a ticket. FYI I also have already informed the OP exactly where to go hunt in a PM to him and gave him the ton of information he needs to draw a good unit with no PPs.

LOL! It obvious you don't like being told when you might be wrong on something and my correcting what could be misleading information you posted was nothing more than that. If anyone started anything it was your childish smartazz comments back to me that was uncalled for. MY post was nothing more than trying to make sure members know the right of way rules that were not as you described in your first post and whether they were just given to you or were your interpretation of the law really makes no difference! Have a good evening as I think the members can figure things out based on what I C/Pd from the Reg and explained in detail.

If there was a chance I was wrong I wouldn't have said it ! Nothing I said was wrong , personal experience ,and actually talking with LE there . When we're re there ? You know what , never mind idiots like you aren't worth my time. I AM right , your not , hence not worth my time. Besides if you have a brain , maybe , you'll look back and see all you "copied " was what I said .

Two more absolutely unnecessary posts made trying to convince yourself that you're correct when it wasn't necessary to continue this thread after my explanation of what the law really says. I'm not the one that prolonged this thread and started calling people names and being a complete jerk like you did dude! You're either dumber than a stump not understanding how the Regulation is written and what I posted to make sure that everyone reading this thread knows exactly what the Regulation is on where you can and cannot discharge a firearm or you just want to argue. It looks like you've proven with those last two posts that it's the latter. If you were this way on your job and on this Christmas day I'll bet it's loads of fun being around you! I haven't started a dang thing, but I'm done with you because you obviously can't comprehend simple English and that what you posted was ambiguous and could result in someone violating the law and possibly getting a ticket if I hadn't posted what the actual law is. It would seem that as a retired LE you would have a little bit more common sense than arguing what is in black and white in the Reg!

My brother and I went to Wyoming antelope hunting for the first time this year with 0 preference points. We got buck tags for one unit and doe tags for another just so we could see more country. We found that the majority of people hunting were doing it from their trucks. The walk in only access areas didn't have anyone in them. The best advice we got was to be out there for the 1st 2 days of rifle because you will be doing some serious long range shooting after the first 2 days.

Get yourself a land owners topo chip for a GPS (Wyoming Game and Fish), then get land owners maps for the areas you are interested in. Then get regulations for Antelope (Wyoming Game and Fish) use regulations to find the borders of the area you are hunting follow these borders on your land owners map. I live in Wyoming, and hunt near my home. Even I use GPS and land owners maps to determine exactly where I am at. For what it is worth. Hunting from a truck is the only logical way to hunt antelope. You could walk for days trying to get to one. They can see you coming for twenty miles. Drive until you see them, then determine how to sneak up on them. It is very true that the later in the season you get out there the longer your shots are most likely going to be, but I have hit them inside 100 yards well into the season. Just remember goats can see extremely well, and they can hear really well also. Most of the Red Desert is BLM, and there are thousands of goats out there.

For Elk, didn't think for goats. The number of goat tags has been cut in most areas here in the last couple of years. Used to get a goat tag every year now only a few people I know have drawn one. Even doe, fawn tags are hard to get. Don't know why, I have seen hundreds of them, and we have had a couple good springs and summers.

Red Desert is a high point draw though, isn't it?

YES, the units down in that area take double digit PPs for the most part and, therefore, it takes a long time to draw due to tag cuts and the areas are basically considered as the best trophy areas in the state so that's where the guys with all the PPs apply.

I agree one hundred percent with degreen. Been going to Wyoming for four years now
and we go the first week of Oct. Because of the hunting pressure. The only way to Hunt is from a truck. Then try to make a stock. There have been times when the Antelope see your
vehicle and take off. I mean three miles away and you wonder how am I going to do this. But then you get out of sight and start a stock glass a little and with luck get a shot . Lots of fun.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.