First Elk Hunt - bullet of choice for 6.5 PRC

Berger, Nosler or Hammer or, failing to get those, Precision Hunter (ELDX) in 140 grains would work IF well placed.

My 6.5 PRC Browning X-Bolt Pro has a 1:7 twist which is pretty fast but good for 140 grains and above.

Just YouTube 6.5x284 elk kills. Same performance as the prc, you may get another 50fps. Most these guys are running 140 Bergers in VLD form. A lot of the videos are dated, but that just shows the affectivness of the combo. The wheel doesn't need be redesigned every 5 years but it seems to happen. There are many bullets that'll do. 156 to 140 grain bergers, 140/142 accubond, 140 Sierra game changer is an excellent bullet. 142 smk has an excellent killing reputation. Hammer bullet kill well from reports, but I have no experience. I killed my elk last year with 122 Cayuga hunting solids running at warp speed from my saum with dismal results, will be using something else this year.

Beginning hunter going on my first guided hunt in the Bridger range of Montana. My rifle is custom built 6.5 PRC that I will be using. I have taken a long range class but will limit myself to 500 yards. Which bullet should I use? I have developed loads using the 143 ELD-X and 147 ELD-M. My gunsmith slightly favors the ELD-M as he has had better pass through using that bullet. For my max range is there a better bullet that I should try?
156 burger

If the Partition isn't 'accurate' enough in your gun, then my second 'vote' would go to the Nosler Accubond, 140 grain.
View attachment 146754
You know I am uncertain about accubonds now I had 3 boxes 300 win cal and I was getting ready to reload and had 17 of 50 with the white tip broke off I did contact nosler they sent 20 bullets other than that I like accubonds can't find any for my 6.5 prc