First dog of the year!

PowellSixO

Finally found time to get out there and call some dogs. We got a decent snow, and the dogs were pretty hungry and willing. We got winded once at 400 yards, we missed twice, and finally sealed the deal with this 26 lb dog. Boy am I rusty at this :D. Lol. He came in on a string, just like you want them too. Stopped him at 75 yards with a bark, and it was over. I'm getting some 55 gr noslers in the mail today. Hoping to have a good load worked up by this weekend, so I can get back out there. gun) The 87 gr vlds I'm using right now are far from ideal for coyotes, and I'm out of them. Time to put the 243 on coyote duty only from now on.

For sure. I'm hoping to get a couple of cats too hopefully. Next time I'm going to get a little bit bigger paint suite too. Haha. They work great in the snow for cammo. They break the wind, they are water proof, and they are cheap. They work better when they fit you though. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.