First Deer

Bit late posting this one and I don't figure it quite counts as long range, but my boy got his first deer on his 6th birthday this year. The boy's pretty tough with his cut down howa in 223 and I let his papaw talk me into letting him have a go at it. 5x8 tower stand was barely big enough for him to shoot from his bog death grip with my dad on the binos and myself on the back up gun. No follow up necessary because he drilled him at 140 yds. Pretty sure we got a lot more excited than he did! Nov 26th was a good day fellows.
Thata boy

Agreed! My 7 yr old niece is honing her skills with a 300blk for next year. She is good to 75-80 yds then things get sketchy. 140 yds is quite a poke for his age. Congrats to a great young hunter/shooter!

Congrats to you, and your son!! I'm an overly proud father of a son as well.. 3 now.. Can't wait to get him in the woods for some harvests.

Bit late posting this one and I don't figure it quite counts as long range, but my boy got his first deer on his 6th birthday this year. The boy's pretty tough with his cut down howa in 223 and I let his papaw talk me into letting him have a go at it. 5x8 tower stand was barely big enough for him to shoot from his bog death grip with my dad on the binos and myself on the back up gun. No follow up necessary because he drilled him at 140 yds. Pretty sure we got a lot more excited than he did! Nov 26th was a good day fellows.
Congrats to your son on his first deer. That is a memory that will last a lifetime. I wish him many more to come.

That's what hunting is all about time with family and friends making memories.In this case a memory that will last for 3 lifetimes.Congratulations.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.