First Custom Order

Magnum72576

Check is in the mail, after months of deliberating for my Weaver Rifle. This is my attempt at a lightweight packable long range rifle, 300 win mag, 24" brux fluted barrel, with a brake, lightweight Hitech stock, jewell trigger, fluted bolt, and a borden action, and last cerakote finish. I initially wanted a 300 RUM, but decided that I probably wouldn't see any benefits in a 24" barrel. And less recoil can't hurt. I still need to decide on colors for the stock and barrel. I'm leaning towards a light tan/cream stock and a gray barrel/action. Now the wait till fall. Optically I'm looking for a lightweight scope. Really liking the swarovksi 3,5-18 Z5. It's very light but not sure how great the turret system is? I also love Zeiss and may consider the HD5. Nightforce is too heavy.
Tony

What's the weight estimated to be? I set up a light weight rifle last year, 270 WSM. It's not a fly-weight, but I've had several ultralights and wanted half minute accuracy as well. I've had too many scopes with inaccurate or non-repeatable turrets. Light weight was secondary to dead solid turrets. I mounted a NF 2.5-10 compact. It's rated at 19 oz, but I knew what to expect from the turrets. Scoped and ready to go it weighs a hair over 8 lbs.
If I had found it before buying the NF, I would have gone with a S&B Klassik, as done by Darrel Holland. Same weight, bigger objective, same bullet proof .25 MOA turrets, and his ART reticle.

Check is in the mail, after months of deliberating for my Weaver Rifle. This is my attempt at a lightweight packable long range rifle, 300 win mag, 24" brux fluted barrel, with a brake, lightweight Hitech stock, jewell trigger, fluted bolt, and a borden action, and last cerakote finish. I initially wanted a 300 RUM, but decided that I probably wouldn't see any benefits in a 24" barrel. And less recoil can't hurt. I still need to decide on colors for the stock and barrel. I'm leaning towards a light tan/cream stock and a gray barrel/action. Now the wait till fall. Optically I'm looking for a lightweight scope. Really liking the swarovksi 3,5-18 Z5. It's very light but not sure how great the turret system is? I also love Zeiss and may consider the HD5. Nightforce is too heavy.
Tony
Of you want light weight look at the March scopes.