First custom: machining everything myself

I'm always down to go shooting! Except all my guns are currently torn apart!

You need more guns! :cool::D:D

I'd have to have a warehouse full of tables if all of mine were torn down!

How many guns does one man need?
Well...maybe just one more! Harry Potterfield...

You need more guns! :cool::D:D

I'd have to have a warehouse full of tables if all of mine were torn down!

How many guns does one man need?
Well...maybe just one more! Harry Potterfield...
Larry Potterfield??? If not, then that guy must be a wizard with guns & gunsmithing... :D

I was going to, but I got a deal on the barrel Rich had for his 6.5 SS. So that's already done. It will get fluted and muzzle threaded and some engraving.

And I don't have that many guns because my addiction is new! I'm not even 30 yet, I'm sure I'll keep up a gun a year at least for many decades to come!

I get a bit obsessive compulsive from time to time...this past year was one of my worst...rebuilt 3, bought three outright (basically for the actions, none have original stocks or barrels now) and bought all the parts to complete 3 more...been one of my more crazy years. Still have one more rifle that I bought for the action and scrapped the rest of it.

The problem with my obsession...you see how many times the word bought is above...

I'm so envious...you are creating yours! To have the tools and knowledge to operate them....all I can say is wow!

I'm sure it will be a piece of work to be proud of! WTG!

Very impressive work. Love seeing threads like this on the forum. I would pin the recoil lug to the receiver to make it easier on yourself in the future. Cant wait to see what you come up.

Friggin awesome. Don't forget the legal aspect of action manufacturing...

May I ask why you chose .004" clearance between bolt and receiver? I'm curious how that compares to a factory R700 and a finely tuned BAT or similar.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.