First crow of the year and why should I change bullets

Tnwhip

Saturday the wind had died down and some friends and I had a few rifles that needed sighting in and I had some new loads I wanted to try in my 243 RPR. I got there early and was setting up on the bench and a crow landed between the 300 and 400 yd targets. I grabbed the 243 and dialed the range 334 yds and the 105 A max made feathers fly. These 105 shoot great. I don't know why I am fooling with any other load, nothing could shoot much better only flatter till the range gets pass 400. I got a lot of different bullets 65, 70, 75, 85. 95,100 g that a friend gave me and I guess I just want to shoot them up. I feel like I am just wearing my barrel out when I already have a good load. Now that deer season is over the only thing I will be shooting is crows, armidillos, coyotes and maybe a ground hog or two. Just feel like I want to shoot a lighter bullet? 20160129_093647.jpg

Hornady a-max bullets are good for varmint hunting and some big game but I am not impressed with there lot to lot consistently. My advice is if you want to use the a-max buy a large supply so you can use the same lot.
Joe

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.