First coyote of the season

270VARMINT

I have recently purchased a .204 ina heavy barrell set up and then updated it with a bell and carlson varmint tactical stock. Today was apparently my day since I went out early with my brother in law calling for coyotes and had no luck, so we diceided to go to a spot I seen one three days ago and missed. Bang their he was and there I was game over today! No over compensation today just a dead coyote! Man I am happy with this gun! It was awesome it flat out unplugged him! No kicking,nothing! Usually I take my 270 but decided to be different since my company brought his 270wsm and i had a point to prove! I tried to insert a pic nut apparently I'm behind the times or? Maybe later wheni figure it out! None the less I am very happy with my purchase and the fact that I have started this year right!

Congrats!!!
Will like to see some pictures. The are threads here that show you how to upload them.
Good luck and keep us updated with pictures of the gun and your future yotes.

Pics for 270Varmint

coyote.jpg

coyotgun.jpg

coygun.jpg

Last edited:
gun)thanks again for posting my pic. i need to take a few minutes and figure out how to post pics. i took my brother out yote hunting last night for his first time ever yote hunting much less at night. we had lots of them calling back to us and had a few coe in but we failed to wait long enough so no luck. betternext time. my brohter was freaking out!!!! he thought they were right next to him in the brush!!! hahahahahaha! next time we go out we will have better lighting. has anyone used the primos brand scope mounted red light? hows it work? good, bad, other better options?

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.