First coyote of the season with the AR

Mark Brendemuehl

I caught this fella chasing mice up a valley in North Dakota a few weeks ago. A single downhill shot at 181 yards folded him like a camp chair. I am liking the rifle and optics set up a lot!
Mark
MarkandCoyoteBushmasterAR15nodak.jpg

TT- Thanks! That is my Bushmaster Varminter in .223 with a Nikon M223 4x12x42 on top. That rifle is a shooter. I flat out love that rifle. I may have to repaint it for the winter, but for now the paint job works pretty well.
Mark

TT- Thanks! That is my Bushmaster Varminter in .223 with a Nikon M223 4x12x42 on top. That rifle is a shooter. I flat out love that rifle. I may have to repaint it for the winter, but for now the paint job works pretty well.
Mark

+1! This was my first AR and I couldn't believe how well it shot. I thru a Magpul PRS stock on it and it was a huge improvement.

Yeah, you are probably right, I should just tape it for winter, or use one of my other rifles that are already painted white..... or just use it as is. I have shot for more coyotes back in the day before painting your rifle was "cool" anyway, and never seemed to have a problem.
For you guys that have taped them after painting, any problems with wear on the paint???
Mark

What part of Nodak? We have hunted jsut about everywhere, really. I have hunted on the Nodak/ MT border, Nodak Sasketchewan border, Nodak Sodak border, Devils Lake, Medora, Lakota.... it depends on how much time we have and who is going with. I have friends in Nodak so, I hook up with them sometimes. The one, his wife just had a baby, so I may be SOL on hunting up there with him this winter.
Where do you go?? Maybe we can hook up at some point and go. I have a crappy schedule, but, maybe it would work?
Mark

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.