First Casualty Of My New LR-308 Build

Texas Speed Bump

This is my 'Covid-buid' that I assembled specifically for hogs. This 200 lb boar came out 170 yds from my blind Sunday
IMG_0636.JPG
at dawn. Shooting hand-loaded Barnes all copper 165 gr TTSX ballistic tips. Wife 'ear-holed' a smaller boar the previous evening with her 22-250. Nice start to the season.

The muzzle brake is a Precision Armament M11 Severe-Duty. That brake, on the 16" McGowan barrel with a 1:10 twist, running a rifle-length gas system reduces the 7.62's recoil to that of a 5.56. Had to drill out the gas port in the barrel a bit to compensate for the short barrel/long gas tube combo so it cycled consistently. Also swapped out the trigger (replaced with a LaRue), hand guard, and charging handle that came with the lower kit. I'm getting ready do to load development on the Barnes TTSX 165 grain bullets I'm currently shooting through it and once I've got the best load, I'll have a custom dial built for the Leupold VX-6HD 4-24x optic.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.